“Brilliant. And came home with lots of delicious treats” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Baking Lab is a baking school in London offering students a wide variety of bread, cake and pastry classes. We run classes in the evenings and on weekends too.
“Brilliant. And came home with lots of delicious treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I got to do the patisserie course with Pino and it was brilliant. A complete delight and I've learnt loads of stuff I've never even attempted before. Highly recommended

London, United Kingdom
“French Bread Making Course - London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've just had a great day on a french bread-making course. We were a truly international group from Dubai, Abu Dabi, Nigeria, Luxemburg and England and we all got on very well.
Emmanuel our instructor was very exprienced and has worked all over the world. I have been baking bread for the last 15 months but Emmanuel took the mystery out of baguettes, fougasse and brioche. Very instructive, with a good lunch (lots of homebaked bread) and you get to take home all the fruits of your labour.
Thoroughly recommended for a good day out, and so convenient right next to South Hampstead overground station.

London
“Fantastic day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a brilliant day I had at The baking lab. Fun, informative and comprehensive teaching on how to bake 3 different French breads - a baguette, fougasse and a chocolate brioche.

Despite having very little 'hands on' help from the fantastic teacher, Emmanuel, our finished products wouldn't have looked out of place in an artisan bakery. He was simply excellent at guiding us into getting the dough doing what it should do. Quite unbelievable, as I've never made bread before.

Highly, highly recommended.

“interesting and fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

i haven't done any other bread apart from simple loaf bread. On our class last saturday it boost my confidence doing pastry. Our pastry chef Pino was amazing and did a great job in our class. I can't wait to try all this new learnings...till next time!

London, United Kingdom
“Intro the bread making”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was bought a voucher for a class as a christmas present. As I often work weekends this was a great class as it was 3 hours in the evening. Maria and Marta were excellent teachers, and the time flew by far to quickly. It was a great way to spend evening, meeting new people and baking amazing bread. The recipes were simple and there was plenty of time to ask questions. Can't wait to do my next one!