“Not very honest” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodizio Preto

Rodizio Preto
73 Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 5, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
Website
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
Pensacola, Florida
“Not very honest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

To start, the food was very good. NOT 15 different types of meats they promised but the 5 we got was good. The staff was nice enough. My problem was the price was different than they told us up front. I was billed for a 8 pound (13 us dollars) for a cover charge. When we asked what it was ( if it was the included tip? ) we were told no it was not the tip. It was to pay the dish washers. I was shocked. The head waiter told us it was the policy of the company and it hurt their tips. I could guess it would. We did tip on top of the cover but for a very small salad bar and a few slices of meat and a couple glasses of wine we paid 79 pounds. ($120) us dollars for two people. It was not worth it. Sorry that I will rate this terrible for the lack of honesty we recieved.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Chester
“Meat meat and more meat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Wonderfully cooked meat, nice variety. Never waited for food, but Not rushed either. Great atmosphere. Not cheap, but good value. Will be back for sure.

Ripon, United Kingdom
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you've never been to a brazilian steakhouse before - give it a go but make sure you are hungry. Help yourself to salad then waiters bring round different cuts of meat and slice it at your table. Think they have 15 different meats at this one. Great value!

Visited March 2013
East London/Essex
“Disappointed - better in Brighton!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having eaten at Preto in Brighton, which was great, I took my fiancé to the one in Soho for our Valentine's meal, as I'd raved about the different meat etc, etc. However, even though I had booked us in three weeks earlier, they did not have my reservation on their list. We got a table, but only just (it was saturday night and very busy).

We got our salad buffet and had a couple of bits of meat served to us when I noticed what looked like a flour weevil running around on my plate! I know they're not harmful but it's still not nice to see a bug running around your dinner. When I called over the waiter he said it was a spider and that it wasn't from the food - to which I told him it didn't come from me!! He then proceeded to squash the bug with his finger on my plate and told me it was 'gone now'! I was horrified!!! He then said 'I suppose you don't want this now' gesturing at my plate, to which I said no. I was brought a new plate and I had one more piece of meat but was quite put off by what happened. Also, the meat was particularly salty - especially the ribs and the ham.

When I asked for my meal to be taken off the bill by the manager he brought back a loyalty card and said that I could have a free meal the next time I come - safe to say I told him I won't be coming back and asked for the free meal tonight, which he did and he apologised, but it was just a rather disappointing dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good place for a group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Visited for a birthday meal. If you are looking for something in the West End that isn't going to break the bank with DECENT food, then this is your place.

We had a problem with a bottle of wine being off, and it was happily replaced with a more expensive bottle, free of charge (a nice touch).

The meat is decent, and the salad bar/hot starters are also nice.

There are better restaurants ofcourse, but for value and simplicity this place is a winner

• Visited January 2013