This is one of a growing national chain. It is just over one year old. My family and I have used it several times in 2012. The staff are excellent and very helpful to the disabled and elderly. It seems to act as a training site for the group and the standard of care and attention to detail is high with for example many talented young staff persons able to speak in several languages.
The restaurant is reasonable but not haut cuisine, However the Christmas dinner offered was excellent as are the regular meal offers. The breakfast is good.
One wonders why charges are made for internet access in most hotels but at least here there is a free period before charges are made.
It is ideally situated to Old Street tube station, bus routes to the St.Paul's area and to Moorfields Hospital the international NHS eye hospital. Value for money and comfort it takes quite a bit of beating...but do not expect Victorian style personal attention like the Oxford Randolph hotel.
Probably best suited for the relatively short stay but to the visitor to London's attractions is quite a good focus point giving easy access to bus and tube transport.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
- Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel London
- Premier Inn London City - Old Street England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a brand new 251 Room Premier Inn with 200 seat Thyme restaurant. The hotel offers en-suite, air conditioned rooms. We also have a number of interconnecting rooms as well as Universally Accessible rooms. We are 2 minutes walk from Old Street tube station (Exit 1). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn London City - Old Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.