“Never fail to deliver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London City - Old Street

You added Premier Inn London City - Old Street to your Saves list
Premier Inn London City - Old Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Silicon Way, Corsham Street, London N1 6DR, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £105
Ranked #85 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Scotland
“Never fail to deliver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

I use Premier Inn hotels a lot for business and leisure. You know what you are getting, you know the rooms will be a decent size, even in London and although they may not always be the cheapest it is quite often better the devil you know.
This one was no exception, handy location, close to a Starbucks and the Old Street underground. Friendly staff and well maintained buildings and rooms. Honestly can't fault it.

• Stayed March 2012
Lucy B, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City - Old Street, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for leaving feedback on our hotel.

I was happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations, with our friendly staff and comfortable rooms. The staff work very hard to maintain this standard.

Kind regards
Premier Inn London City (Old Street)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This new hotel is well located for central London and has no street noise (at the back at least). The staff were very friendly and welcoming and happy to answer questions. The rooms and bed were very comfortable. Will be staying there again because of this and its proximity to where our daughter lives.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving a quick comment on your stay with us.

It is great to hear that the team looked after you during your stay with us. I will pass this on to them. I am glad that you were happy with your room and how quiet it was. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again.

Duty Manager
Premier Inn London City (Old street)
Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel 25th-28th February and everything was fantastic.

Young eager to please enthusiatic staff.

Just loved the breakfast, I am a bodybuilder and have trouble in most hotels getting what I want but not this one. They served me my egg white omlettes and had all the choice I needed on the breakfast bar. The Coffee from the Costa Coffee machine was to die for, far better than Costa itself.

Location was also very good for me as I was on a course near Aldgate so had a lovely walk each of te mornings.

Michael, I have a couple of questions regarding a stay at the end of May on te second part of my course. I have booked the 27th and 28th of May on a Saver but not the 26th as it is a little expensive so I am staying at the Old Street Travelodge which I know is really inferior.

1) Do you have to stay at the hotel to buy the breakfast, as it would be great to have my breakfast there on Sunday 27th.

2) Is it possible to drop bags of early on the Sunday morning ready for checking in later during the day?

You run a very good ship!!!!

Thanks

Chris

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
MichaelJWalker, Manager at Premier Inn London City - Old Street, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Hi Chris,

Thank you kindly for your wonderful review. Our breakfast team were very excited to hear how happy you were with your experience and remember well your request for an egg-white omelette.

We always try to meet everybody's unique needs however we can and are happy to do what we can to meet them.

In answer to your questions, absolutely you are welcome to join us for breakfast any morning, without being resident in the hotel, breakfast is open to the public and you can just come along and walk-in. We have recently extended our breakfast times on a weekend to 11:30am, so you have plenty of time to enjoy breakfast with us.

With regards luggage, we have a luggage room and will be happy to keep your luggage for you until you are ready to check-in, we may also have a room available for you to check-into early, so it's always worth asking although we obviously can't guarantee this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in May, once again thank you for your review.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Walker
Food & Beverage Manager
Northallerton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I regularly stay at Premier Inn, you know generally what to expect, & is usually decent value. This hotel is new, near the tube, & is clean & comfortable. If I had paid a £29 Lenny Henry price, all would be well & good. However, this was a routine mid-week night, & cost me, (well, my Company, I would NEVER have paid this personally), £158.50. For that, I would have expected a far better service & experience, certainly something that justifies this inflated price. Things I would usually overlook now become important at this price, budget(?!) hotel or not. Basic things, like empty shower gel dispenser in the bathroom, no shaving point, faulty bedside light, dirty fork at breakfast, 'smelly' pillows. When paying premium prices, you would expect better. That aside, little of interest in the general area, self service check in (not a fan), buffet breakfast (again, prefer the cooked to order variety), but all staff were friendly & courteous. Breakfast was disappointing, especially being a veggie. As the fried eggs on display looked suspiciously undercooked, I asked for a couple of veggie sausages & 2 well done fried eggs. Very pleasant staff went off to order, but these items arrived seperately some 10 minutes apart, so I ended up eating breakfast in shifts. Everything was self service, including the tea/coffee.
Decent enough bar area for a beer in the evening, but I fully suspect the next thing to go self service will be pulling your own pint. Overall, if they are to charge 5* prices, then their whole game needs to be upped to get anywhere remotely near justifying these prices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MichaelJWalker, Manager at Premier Inn London City - Old Street, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Hi there,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay, especially from such a regular user of our brand. Such constructive feedback is vital with such a new team to really help them improve and deliver consistently great service.

I was sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service received during your stay, we usually have our service standards compared in reverse, with 5* service for budget prices. We understand completely that a higher price leads to much greater expectations, and pride ourselves on delivering consistently high standards of service whatever the price. I used your review this morning as an example to the team, that as our prices sometimes fluctuate in line with the Central London market, a guest's expectation will also in turn do the same. Our team are now much more aware that we must ensure we are always offering great service, whatever the price, to deliver the best possible value for money. Thank you very much for this.

Our housekeeping team were very shocked to learn of the issues you had in your room, these should all have been picked up on our room checks and are very sorry that on this occasion were missed. I will be in touch seperately and hope that you have the time to respond so that we can get your room number and address any specific issues in your room.

For your information and that of future guests, we are in the process of buying brand new pillows so that we can offer our guests a choice of either hard or soft pillows as we understand how important high quality and just right pillows are in a good night's sleep.

With regards the issues you had at breakfast, with our restaurant being on 3 different levels and our kitchen being another floor below in the basement, we have had some challenges delivering food quickly to our guests, but with feedback like yours are able to work on improving this. We have recently purchased some new top of the line equipment to help us with the logistics of our unique multi-level restaurant, and I can assure you we are working hard to ensure other guests do not have this problem again in the future.

Being a vegetarian you may be very happy to know we are about to launch a new breakfast menu at the end of March across the whole estate, and our already extensive Premier 'all you can eat' breakfast will now also include baked hash browns, vanilla chocolate chip muffins, and fat-free natural yoghurt.

I hope you continue to use our brand regularly in the future, and look forward to welcoming you back here and showing you the constant improvements we are making thanks to such valuable feedback from our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Walker
Food & Beverage Manager
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We wanted a hotel near to my Mums, in the centre of London for a Mother's Day visit. A little time since we last tried Premier Inn but the recent adverts convinced us to try. We are very pleased that we did. Everything about this 'budget' hotel stay was as we would expect or exceeded our expectations.
Booked easily on their website; clean and smart room; bathroom was typical but very well presented and fabulous shower etc; TV with Freeview channels; air con was responsive to the control; terrific view over the City; staff happy to help and they smiled; breakfast (all you can eat) was very very good and all the foods you would want from a European selection; check-in and out was easy.
This hotel is new, opened November 2011 so everything is still fresh.
If i have to give some criticism it would be about parking. No hotel parking, just a few spaces down the road that you need to buy a permit for every 4 hrs from 8.30 - 6pm. There's an NCP park 15mins walk away for which they give you a voucher. But this is the centre of London and so this does not really figure in our assessment of the hotel.
We were genuinely convinced that Premier Inn is now providing a value-for-money (upper) budget hotel service that is not just a marketing exercise. We will only consider Premier Inn in future (my Mother may even see more of us!).

Room Tip: Ask for high level room. We were on top floor, 12, facing the City.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we exceeded your expectations.

I will definitely be passing on your comments to the rest of the team.

Merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here on business last week for 3 nights. Hotel staff are a delight and should be commended. Slept so well in a lovely new , fresh room. Superb breakfast!
Only draw back is the area isnt great so wouldnt stay if you wanted local nightlife, area seems to be on the up though.
Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback on our hotel .

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Chose to stay at this hotel based on its previous positive reviews, its location and for a good nights sleep! It certainly didnt let me down! Location was ideal with it being just a 3 minute walk from old street tube station. I cant remember for certain but i think you use exit 1 to be on the right track to the hotel. Next to the hotel was some building works which hid the hotel but luckily as we walked nearer there was a sign to point it out. First impressions were off putting due to the building works but upon entering the hotel all of those first impressions were out the window. This hotel inside looks brand new, it was spotless and extremely quiet. My 2 nights stay here provided me with the best nights sleep ive ever had in a hotel in London. I didnt hear anyone on my floor, and even better so, I didnt hear anyone banging about above me. I would most deffinately stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City - Old Street, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that your first impressions were quickly changed once you entered our hotel, and that you had a comfortable stay with us. "Best Nights Sleep in a London hotel” what more could we ask for from a review.

We hope to see you again.

Duty manager.
Premier Inn London City (Old Street)

Been to Premier Inn London City - Old Street? Share your experiences!