“Our first London flat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower

You added SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower to your Saves list
SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Trinity Tower, Block C | Lanterns Court, 28 Quadrant Walk, London E14 9JW, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #101 of 662 Specialty Lodging in London
Gurgaon, India
“Our first London flat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stay: 21 days
Our first flat a temporary accomodation but a good one.

Our son aged 20 months loved the space, we were in a two bedroom apartment with open kitchen plan so we had loads of space.

Pros:
1. The staff was soft spoken, understood our needs, helpful and always had a smile.
2. The place is few minutes walk to Canary Wharf, the square is full of energy all by itself.
3. Malls nearby but best was Mudchute Farm. A blessing for I used to take the little one on long walk and the animals entertained him :)
4. It is amazingly airy apartment.
5. All amenities provided.

Caution:
1. The next door building is being constructed, daytime sleep is a distant dream. Baby used to wake up every 20 minutes during his 2 hour nap. It was a hassel.
2. The service is slow, our dishwasher was out for a week. The staff was eager but response time slow.
3. You can't open the windows of the apartment as someone or the other would walk by and due to tunnel effect of the tall rise, we used to get noise on 14th floor.
4. Tesco next to it is useless, use the one near South Quay or Miliharbor.
5. Internet was slow as slow can be 45kbps (ala 1996 style). GBP 4 for Turbo plan is very steep, speed still 6 mbps. Right now I am enjoying 16 at another place (thought that is the only good thing here in E1)
6. Phone could not connect to reception and that was not fixed for 21 days.

Room Tip: Higher the better. We had no neighbors and our reception was towards South so it was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joanna L, Manager at SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Gurgaon,

Thank you for your review; it was a real pleasure to host you and your lovely family in SACO Trinity Tower earlier this summer.
I am pleased that you’ve enjoyed your stay in general but also disappointed that there were few concerns that made us fall short of your expectations.
We always do our best to solve any problems as soon as possible. Unfortunately, some of the maintenance issues require attention of an appliance engineer so we are dependent on external contractors. Construction works are something that we cannot avoid in a city developing as fast as London but we monitor the situation and make sure that disruption to our guests is minimal.
I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in our apartments again and that your experience will be nothing but excellent.

Apartment Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

A great place to stay - was upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment - everything was spotlessly clean - concierge staff were friendly and helpful.
Wifi worked well.
Lovely toiletries and plenty of towels and a welcome pack with milk water tea coffee cake and breakfast cereals.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Joanna L, Manager at SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Katie,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay!
Hopefully I will have a chance to welcome you in SACO Canary Wharf in the future and I trust that the next visit will exceed your expectations.

Winchcombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stay at these apartments quite often and I have always been impressed with them. The apartments do vary in size but are always clean and well maintained. I have always found the staff helpful and courteous - any problems have been dealt with promptly. I think you have to appreciate that these are apartments and not a hotel. OK so they are not cleaned everyday but they provide cleaning materials etc so that you can keep the place tidy. The facilities are also excellent meaning it is possible to cook meals and as has been noted, there is a Tesco very close to buy supplies. Hard to find the first time but only a 10 minute walk from Canary Wharf and 3 minutes from the South Quay DLR stop. I would be happy to admit that I love staying here - it is nicer than my house!!!!! The view is amazing from the higher floors if you are lucky to be pointing in the right direction and I have never felt overlooked by any of the local buildings. Sorry this review is so rambling but I do want to convey that this is a great place to stay if you are away from home if you don't want a hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ros,

Thank you for your positive comments! It's great to see that you've enjoyed your numerous SACO experiences - hopefully there are many future visits to follow. I hope that we will get the chance to welcome you in Canary Wharf again so I can personally make sure that it is another great stay.

Malvern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just south of Canary Warf...only a 10 minute walk really. Well fitted and comfortable self catering apartment. Everything you need is included. Floor to ceiling windows for a great view...and a supermarket close by too

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at Saco Canary Wharf a number of times and last time have lived there for more than a year.

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend this place: apartments are equipped the way you won't need a thing while staying there (including food for first time, washing/dishwasher tablets, towels, bedding, TV in every room, DVD, CD, fully equipped kitchen, safe for keeping valuables etc), parking.

The building itself is new so everything is in perfect condition. No issues with heating or water.

The location of the place is very convenient: minutes to DLR or underground, local shop is just across the road, some good restaurants are near.

Service is excellent, cleaning is done once a week, staff is very polite, friendly and helpful. All my queries have always resolved same or next day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the worst places I hve ever stayed in my entire life. The hot water which was promised to be fixed was never fixed at all! Imagine bathing in the cold! Things get stolen and the management claims there is nothing they can do about it! There is no management response over the weekend because they are off (what kind of excuse is that?) the wifi breaks often and is inconsistent and slow! Please do not waste your time and money staying in this god foresaken apartment ! All they do is to cheat money and give you a bad experience!

• Stayed September 2013
samghosh, General Manager at SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with SACO and for your constructive comments. We really appreciate and value all forms of feedback and I am really sorry to hear that we did not come up to your expectations.

We had a rare disruption in hot water supply that affected the whole development for about 4 hours and our contractors worked hard towards restoring the supplies as quickly as they can. This meant that all our guests were inconvenienced.

SACO has provided every apartment with a safe, and all guests are advised to store valuables there at all times. The matter is still under investigation by Metropolitan Police, however given the time it took for the incident to be reported to us and evidence that your apartment doors were found to be left wedged open several times during your stay, the police has a challenging job in hand. You have been provided with a crime reference number and a number to call for any further updates.
I can assure you that SACO are fully co-operating with the authorities and we will update you if there are any developments.

The broadband package we offer to our guests complimentary of charge has limited bandwidth and hence the option for a faster package at a supplementary price.

Once again I truly value your feedback and comments and hope to welcome you back to SACO @ Trinity Tower in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you have any further questions.”
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was unsure what I booked, I just needed a one bed with a bit of space and a kitchen, well I have to say I got it in Saco Trinity Tower. I found the place a little hard to find, but I did get to it (maybe get a lamp post sign). The check in process took seconds and I arrived at an apartment that was very clean, all the mini items present as promised, pots and pans, plates, towels. I actually cooked dinner for some friends and everything was available even the shop was close by. The Free Wifi was plenty adequate, no issues with the hot water. The apartment was everything and more. Location was great – using the DLR to the city was easy too.
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend them – they really have a great space in a great location.

Room Tip: Like other tips I was only on the 4th floor with no view (it never mattered) - so maybe request high...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower? Share your experiences!