“Top dollar location...shame about hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Off
Ranked #57 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Croft, null, United Kingdom
“Top dollar location...shame about hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stunning location...just behind eaton sq not far to harrods....elegant boutique type of place...trendy...porters wear ranch hand type of clothes...nice staff at reception.....room very nice but dark...down lighters had been blanked over making it impossible to get made up etc....window blind wouldn't stay up which didn't help light situation...shower door made terrible cracking noise...very alarming...no tea/coffee facilities ...no water provided after first night...room not turned down on second night and not even made on day three...window would not shut...keeping you awake at night...wifi £15/25 per day...please we are in 21 st century....bar shut sat night for private function...the only bar....no breakfast included..grand total £1454 for a bed....how can they justify that...on complaining there was no one who could or would take responsibility for the appalling situation we had endured.......

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Belgraves, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Trish R,
Thank you for taking the time "off line" to communicate with me. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Belgraves last week for work and thoroughly enjoyed my stay based mainly on the service provided by the staff. Upon check-in, I was provided with a thorough description of the hotel's amenities and benefits in a way that encouraged me to feel very welcome. I even received a follow up phone call about 30 minutes after check-in to confirm that everything in my room was to my liking. Throughout my stay, I was greeted by my last name and asked about how my day was going or if I needed any additional assistance.

The room itself had all of the little touches that you would expect at a great hotel, including an fine REN toiletries, high threat count towels and bedding. The wifi and in-room technology (tv, stereo, lighting) worked consistently without fail and was clearly designed with the user in mind. The only drawback to my room is that the view was directly next to other windows in the hotel and adjacent buildings, so I never felt comfortable leaving the window open due to lack of privacy. However, other rooms did appear to have superior views and even a bit more space though even my room never felt crampt since it seemed to be very well and efficiently appointed.

I enjoyed the service at the bar, and my colleagues told me the restaurant and room service often exceeded expectations in terms of speed as well as the quality of the food and beverages provided. I only wish that I had time to take advantage of other amenties, including the fitness center or the outdoor patio, but came back from work later than they were open or sensible for me to use.

Though this place is much more tolerable if you have an expense account rather than coming out of pocket, I would recommend if you want a small but welcoming luxury filled experience in a fantastic location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear upgrademe81,
Thank you very much for your sharing your experience! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Surf City USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in the Westminster area. Clean, modern & efficient. Comfortable rooms, however, are rather sparsely appointed. Convenient to many embassies, Hyde Park & government offices. Top notch restaurant (reviewed separately). Good breakfast. Great staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear jg3arrow,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Kind regards.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Having stayed at the Roosevelt in LA and The Thompson in NY, I know this chain, so was keen to try The Belgraves. I booked directly from Sydney and spoke to a delightful French girl called Camille. She was the first person I met when I arrived at 6am on a Wednesday morning. From the moment I walked into the hotel, nothing is too much trouble for this groovy, young, but very professional group of staff. Everyone remembers your name from reception, down to the young guys at the main entrance. The two young waitresses in the bar are just a delight and everyone has a really friendly demeanour about them.
I opted for the Deluxe room and wasn't disappointed, although I stayed in one with only a shower for the first week, the second one had a bath, which I preferred. My room had one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in, even the house keeping staff are a delight.
The hotel is so central, with Sloane Square tube 5 minutes to your right or Knightsbridge the same distance to your left.
I will be going to London again at the end of the year and this is the only hotel that I would stay at in the future.
This hotel is definitely an added bonus to The Thompson chain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at Belgraves, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear GillSydney,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are thrilled that you had such a nice stay. Sounds like we will be seeing you again soon! We cant wait!
Munich, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We really enjoyed the stay and every detail of the hotel. The hotel is located very central and close to almost everything, but situated at a calm spot. I can fully recommend the hotel and the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joseph K, General Manager at Belgraves, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Christophe D,
Thank you very much for the kind words! We truly appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Kind regards.
Centerport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Greeted with smiles by everyone,my husband and I felt welcomed and comfortable from Day 1.Concierge and staff made arrangements,suggestions and gave info that made our week flow flawlessly. Delightful morning breakfast started our day of sightseeing and we returned to the Belgraves to relax in the stylish lounge over drinks and enjoy wonderful nights sleep. The quiet elegance of Belgravia added to the overall atmosphere. The staff's attentiveness, professionalism and friendliness truly made staying at Belgraves and our week in London memorable.

Dear mary w,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Belgraves is a perfect example of excellence. From the crisp, clean and contemporary decor through to the clear customer orientated team, we can highly recommend. My husband and I visited recently for a weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. The staff are very friendly and personable without being insincere or intrusive, this balance can be difficult and they had it just right. The suite was perfect. The space was nicely laid out, plenty of room to move around, the views through two aspects were incredible and the bed very comfortable.

Dear Vanessa0801,
Thank you SO much for writing such a nice review! We are thrilled that you and your husband had a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Joseph

Been to Belgraves, a Thompson Hotel? Share your experiences!