“Amazing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jungle Braai

Jungle Braai
28 Osborn Street | Brick Lane, London, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6,506 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
“Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is the first place I've eaten in since i've moved to London and have been going back since because the food is amazing and the staff are very polite and friendly a thumbs up from me

Preston, United Kingdom
“Great Steakhouse!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This steakhouse is situated on the famous brick lane.Upon entering there is a bench close by but due to lack of staff patrolling the area I wasn't sure whether I was to wait or find a seat. I decided to wait but after a few minutes of being ignored I decided to confront a waiter cleaning the tables who with the help of another member of staff showed me to my table.I ordered the Zulu burger meal with one of the Feta cheese salads.I have to admit both were really tasty and well cooked and the proportion size was great too. coupled with the fast service it more than made up for the earlier inconvenience.I didn't try dessert as I was on a tight schedule but the mocktail I had (Blue mango I think) was pretty disappointing, tasting of low quality mango juice.If your looking for a halal (HMC) and better tasting nandos then Jungle Braai is well worth visiting.

“Regular customer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Jungle braai is delicious! I am one of their regular customers wether it's eating in or takeout, I think they are starting up which explains the small restaurant but it's comfortable in there. Absolutely love the complimentary olives for starters! Steak, chicken, rice, chips, sausages are all yummy. Each time I have been there the food is freshly cooked, sometimes they take a tad bit long but hey at least I know my food is being cooked fresh! The only problem is payment they need to start taking card payment. The service is lovely, the gentleman are so polite and respectful and last but not least fantastic price!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty and value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a nice lunch with my family and their lunch time deal is really good. You can also request the waiter/ chef how spicy you want your marinate to be on your meat.

The outlay of the restaurant is quiet small and need updating but overall the service was good.

Definitely going back in the near future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Good location, extensive menu, not bad but could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Decided to go to this place as it apparently serves different cuisine than the rest of brick lane.

Good location, as soon as you walk into brick lane.

Nice enough inside, decent service.

A lot of interesting things on the menu. I can remember ordering a prawn cocktail for starters which wasn't great and some burger for mains. This was ok, but a bit adventurous and maybe they guys in the back were a bit out of their depth when it comes to exotic cuisine and preparation.

They seem to be trying something new and original, but can't seem to hit all the right spots just yet.

Would give it another try, just to try out some other stuff on the menu. Worth going for something different, as it is reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2012