“Pretentious and terrible service! Avoid!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Experimental Cocktail Club

Experimental Cocktail Club
13A Gerrard Street, London, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12,325 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
London, United Kingdom
“Pretentious and terrible service! Avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had a terrible time here. I tried to book a table for drinks after my birthday dinner. I couldn't even get a table even with a few days forward planning.
When our party got there in the evening, we were let in and found a table. One of my friends was running late and even though we had ordered our drinks and were comfortably sat down, the doorman would not allow my slightly late arriving friend entry. We were all very rudely dealt with, I hope they do not treat all their customers like this. We shall certainly not be going there again. A very pretentious set of door men and staff.
Avoid - there are plenty of other cocktail bars in London!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Newbury
“Great drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really nice and knowledgable bar staff making some great drinks that taste fantastic. Really cool little bar, gets very busy. Worth a visit if you can get in.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Speak-Easy with live music!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place rocks! Quietly! ... with its rusty door, the slightly dodgy looking doorman, who you have to look twice at to make sure he really is the doorman and not some random guy who is hanging around china town... the secret nod and wink to get in the secret speak-easy... as you walk up the stairs to the first floor (there are 3 floors) .. grab your seat and order you awesome cocktail.. the one I had tasted of pure heaven, so fluffy it was amazing... its so quiet, yet has such a good vibe about it all and in this one (we've been to a few ) there is a band or a singer most weekend evenings, s you can also listen to some really raw and new music while you chat and chill.

I was really curious about speak easy's and really how good they really were and this has blown me away - great services, cocktails are pricy but no different to anywhere else in London! I would highly recommend it! If you can find it! :O)

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A little gem within the China Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love how radically divided people's opinions are about this place. I remember the first time I tried getting in, they said it was full and I was turned away and later saw a well-dressed couple let in. A few friends who frequent the place did mention that this is a place that favours well-dressed people. So I decided to try another time, on a less crowded night, dressed up. As predicted, we were let in straight away. And once you're in... well... you're in. The place is called ECC not without a reason. The small menu is really not the only they can do. Speak directly to the bartenders and tell them what you prefer/fancy and they whip something complicated but wonderful for you. The staff were always nice and courteous, so not sure with all the bad reviews, my friends who frequent this place never have anything bad to say. People need to remember that staff are human too, the guys there are courteous when treated likewise. Thus, I understand how this can give bad vibe to many.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Poor service, average cocktails”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went with my girlfriend. Staff were pretty awful- rude, inattentive and worst of all made average cocktails. Its a shame as the decor is really nice, and it could easily be a great bar if they got the right staff. There are several other really good bars in the area, so I won't be going back to this one.

• Visited March 2013