“No better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London Angel Islington

You added Premier Inn London Angel Islington to your Saves list
Premier Inn London Angel Islington
18 Parkfield Street | Islington, London N1 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #147 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Exeter, United Kingdom
“No better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

For a family weekend in London, we could not have had a better place to stay. The staff and facilities were excellent and we were always met with a smile. Situation was excellent for sightseeing and convenience to Underground Rail system. The hotel is off the main road, so was quiet and peaceful, ensuring a good night's rest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Booked into this hotel as working next door at the Design Centre. Very easy to get to, but try and avoid parking as even with the hotel discount its still around £30 a day at the Design Ctr cart park. Rooms are very good, staff very helpful, breakfast excellent buffet style. It also has a very well stocked bar. Extremely good value for London, I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed in quite a few central London hotels on business, but now I am retired (and paying for my own hotels!) I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel within easy reach of the Business Design Centre. I had never stayed at a Premier Inn before, and didn't really expect much, but I have to say this was one of the nicest London hotels I have ever stayed in! The staff were so pleasant and helpful, they made us so welcome. The room was modern, clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. They even had WiFi free for 30 minutes or £3 for 24 hours, although we didn't use that because we were only staying one night. The bed was extremely comfortable, I had probably the best night sleep I have ever had away from home - and I loved the fact you can choose your pillow. The breakfast was really tasty, and very good value. Also I should say the location is spot on - only a few minutes walk from Angel Islington tube station, which is on the Northern Line - very convenient if travelling into Euston, and very handy for lots of attractions. I would definitely choose this hotel if visiting London again, I could happily have stayed for several days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

There are many reviews with generalities- and I agree with them here - but its the details I look for myself in reviews ( e.g. how many coathangers, what services offered, whats nearby etc)
Here are those for fellow travellers like me...
11th January 2013 - 6 nights stay solo whilst visiting family and friends in the area.
Check in- very quick, friendly- but as I had a heavy case it would have been nice to have a help with it to my room .
Security- your key opens the main doors ( at night), the lift, the room corridor, and your room- so its excellent. (unless your key card is stolen and you have told anyone your room number)

By the 2 lifts - a snacks-chocs ,crisps etc, and soft drinks machine- very useful.
Lifts- both very annoying with electronic woman speaking in loud voice - "lift doors now closing, opening, reaching floor 4" etc. Thank goodness I changed rooms from beside the lifts to well away down the corridor . . I was told it is normal policy to put single females by the lifts so its easier for them to have access in and out ( dont quite understand why though!)

Room - 418, 4th floor. Decor good,looked clean, fresh, except I dont like the horrible dark purple- but this is the hotels colour. The painting on the wall was a ghastly bright orange flower of some sort... No room service of any sort. No info pack except downstairs by main doors were leaflets on places and maps.
A large comfy bed with a duvet , 1 single bed. Firm pillows on the bed and a note to say 2 soft ones on the shelf. Perfect!
Great heating controls- I like the warmth!
Nice shelf and mirror with lights ( very bright!) with hair dryer and extra plug for curling tongues- nice touch- not many get this right. Wardrobe - 6 coathangers- room for a few more of yr own. 1 drawer and 2 shelves.
Kettle, with 2 mugs, spoon, and 2 coffee sachets, two T bags, sugar and sweetener, 4 tiny containers of milk.
One window- locked all the time- as no ledge and straight down 4 floors.
Desk/chair .
Small TV- plenty of UK channels ( surprised not to see any other languages on for other visitors)
Bathroom- shower good-. bath base slippy- beware! Imperial leather container with hair & body soap over the bath. Washbasin had hand soap foam container. Bright lighting. 2 large and 2 small towels and a bath towel.
Room itself was mostly quiet during my stay- only one noisy person above me for a couple of days. Traffic noise hardly heard 4 floors up- except the odd police siren now and then which was faint.
Breakfast- super times- weekends 7.30 -11.30 a.m, and weekdays 6.30 to 10 .30 a.m.
Great choice- 6 cereals, + muesli, dried fruits, various milks, cranberry, orange and apple. juices, lot of types of T , coffee, chocolate etc. Hot side- eggs- scrambled or fried, sausages, bacon, beans, fresh tomatoes, or tinned tomatoes. Breads, toast, croissants, jams, marmalade, butter, bowl of mixed red and dark berries, and bowl of fresh chopped oranges, applse, pineapple, grapes. (You could ask for an omelette of 2 eggs- but dont- I did and it was well overcooked and tastless )
Help yourself to any, and as much. Excellent. ( and I am not a usual breakfast eater)
One bad point- loud music all the time at breakfast... why? It was not necessary- and when busy all had to try to talk over the music...
Why not ( if you have to have something) have a local radio station on? That at least would be more interesting. .

Food at night- tried once- lasagne-it was adequate.
Staff- all very young, (not one British person)- from Portugal, Ghana, Poland etc , charming, friendly, helpful; some had not been there long.( I had to explain to a very sweet bar person what type of drink cider was, and that she had got it on the shelf behind her)
Location- fab- located in a quiet back road just off the main road - over the road from Angel tube station( which is 2 stops from the hub at Kings Cross)
Boots, Next, Sainburys, M & S, street market, Banks all handy round the corner. A body tanning shop in same lane as the Hotel. The London Arts & Design centre almost next door
Plenty of bars and Restaurants nearby. I found a great same day shoe repairers( I lost 2 heel bases on the underground metal grills)
Black cabs handy to stop on main road ( quicky) or hotel will call private hire for you.

Cost- well if I had been part of couple with a child using this room - then for 3 it would be great value! However as always- a solo traveller has to pay a premium...
Thank you everyone- you treated me well and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Not near the lifts- 4th or 5th floor has no traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ClaireDillon, Manager at Premier Inn London Angel Islington, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Spanishstar,

Thanking for taking the time to leave us and our guests such a detailed review of your stay. I'm sure it's extremely helpful to those planning a first time visit with us.

I am pleased to read overall you had an enjoyable stay. We play music at breakfast but it should be at a low level so I am sorry if it was too loud for your breakfasts.

I hope we can welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here with my sister for just one night but I have to say the staff were so courteous and efficient they asked all the time if there was anything we required. The rooms were immaculate and also the bathroom. Probably one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in and there have been many. Breakfast was plentiful and we were told to have as much as we wanted. A really excellent stay and would highly recommend it. Just a couple of tube stops from London centre so very good area and Islington itself was buzzing, shops market cafes bars etc. I had a wonderful stay and will definitely go back there

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to be quiet as this was not a busy road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Merseypopcorn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us in January. I'm pleased to read you found the rooms and bathrooms immaculate and I hope you took the team's advise and stocked up on breakie for the day!

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

With regards,

Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I came here for an 18th Birthday treat with my family, and we thought that we would stop in a Premier Inn so that we could go to a nice restaurant - we chose to go to Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in the end. This hotel was brilliant however, with most premier inn's you expect about average due to how cheap the rooms are - but the rooms were brilliant and everything was spotlessly clean. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The breakfast was also very good. Fantastic location just minutes from the tube station but it was very quiet near the hotel - there was never any noise. Will stop again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sophie_123_13,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us back in January. I have passed your comments onto the team who were all very happy to read you had such a great stay. I hope the birthday celebrations went well and you had a lovely meal.

I hope to welcome you back on your next stay in London!

Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Despite this being a very central and budget hotel, the Premier Inn Islington had such good service - you felt as though he staff had just been to specialist training at Claridges or equivalent! Really lovely staff - who were very friendly and helpful and human. Everything was explained (without the feeling that they were going through the motions). The location was excellent - the rooms were spacious and the place was perfectly clean and bright. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear OffwegoNottingham,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us. We have a lovely team who work hard for eachother and most importantly all of our guests, so it's lovely read that you felt this on your visit.

Many of the team have read your comment and are very pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London!

Food and Beverage Manager

Been to Premier Inn London Angel Islington? Share your experiences!