“Clean, comfortable, quiet.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Cavell Street, London E1 2BT, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #138 of 1,075 hotels in London
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Clean, comfortable, quiet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Commercial Road over the Bank Holiday weekend in May. The staff were welcoming and our room was lovely, spacious, clean and the bathroom was very modern. Free wifi and great choice of tv channels. We loved the breakfast which was included in the total price, a wide range of items. The hotel was a 10 minute walk to Whitechapel tube station. Unfortunately this station and East Aldgate were closed all weekend so we had a 40 minute walk to Aldgate station, this isn't the hotels fault but did impact on our weekend. Overall a great stay, thank you!

• Stayed May 2013
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your weekend stay with us. I was pleased to read you found the hotel clean and modern and that all the team were welcoming. its always nice to receive positive comments such as your and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was a real surprise! Friendly staff welcomed us on arrival and our double room was very clean and spacious with huge windows to let in plenty of light. We enjoyed a good choice of evening meal and the staff in the restaurant were again happy and extremely helpful. The breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of choice. Everywhere in the hotel was very clean and tidy and we would recommend it to anyone who wants a very reasonably priced stay, in a good quality hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your last stay with us. I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable weekend and the team were helpful throughout your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Wylam, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in deluxe room. 15mins walk from Whitechapel tube, good location on main bus route - number 15 direct to Trafalgar Square and Regent Street. Nice spacious rooms with large TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
We booked room only but breakfast is £15 each if bought on the day or £10 if you buy a voucher the day before. Nice breakfast, all you need from full English to cereals and pastries.

Short walk to DLR station to docklands area to go on Emirates Air Line to O2.

Friendly staff, would def stay here again when in London.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are more spacious, book breakfast in advance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your last stay with us. I was pleased to note you found the location of the hotel very convenient to your needs and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and were pleasantly surprised the rooms were lovely the food was fantastic my only reservation is the location.
We had a car and parked on the street however it's not a nice area. Underground station and dlr are accessible though.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your stay with us. I was pleased you found the rooms lovely and the food fantastic. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here on business for one night on 4th June. As previously mentioned, the hotel isn't in the most salubrious of areas and I wouldn't recommend walking around at night as a female on your own. Fine in the day time though.

The hotel itself is very clean and modern. My priority status was recognised upon arrival and I was given an upgrade to an executive room plus a voucher for 500 extra points or a drink and snack at the bar. The room was lovely - spacious with effective air conditioning, a modern and clean bathroom, a big tv with lots of channels, water, a chocolate bar etc.

The bed was so very comfortable with a thick mattress topper. I had a really good night's sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was well cooked and varied. Usual options plus the choice of poached eggs or omelette. They also had a pancake maker which I really wanted to try but I was pushed for time. Next time...

The really fantastic thing about this hotel are the staff. They are brilliant. The girl on reception remembered my room number hours after I'd checked in. Gerard on the bar was pleasant, friendly and chatty - I hope he has a nice time back in Spain. The gentlemen on breakfast duty that morning were so cheery and engaging they really made me smile.

Stay here - I can't imagine that any other hotel would be as great for the money as close to the centre of the City. I shall definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your last stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. As General Manager I was very pleased to read your feedback especially regarding the team here. They take a lot of pride in the service they offer and its always nice to receive the feedback to support this. It was also great to read you found the rooms spacious and offered a great nights sleep. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in plenty of places: no where does 'rustic bread' become cheap thin buttered white bread; also the waiter asked if I wanted it with my dessert??? Eh? The fish & chips DON'T come with mushy peas! (As per the menu) the menu in your room is not the same as the restaurant either. They skso like to rush u with ordering which i hate! A local member of staff had to direct me to a 'private' car park round the corner: £20 a night in a dodgy lick up. car safe SO far! Room can't go cooler than 18•c.. As it was extra got this week I suffered! On the plus side: gorgeous room, lovely staff. I'm here with work but I wouldn't choose to stay here. Sorry :(

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your last stay with us. Im sorry to read you experienced a few challenges during your stay with your evening meal. These points have been raised with the Restaurant and Kitchen teams where corrective coaching has taken place to avoid these issues going forward.
As with a large number of hotels in London we do not have our own parking facilities with space being at a premium. The area you were directed too is a small operation that is very close to the hotel and in the last year we have been open, has not experienced any problems with our guests cars, in fact it is 100% secure over night, which is the main priority. On a positive note I was very pleased to read you found the team lovely and the rooms gorgeous. I hope you will reconsider staying with us once again should you have need for accommodation in East London once again.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and it was a lovely experience. The hotel is very new and very clean and comfortable. On check in and out and during our stay we were met by a lovely lady on the reception desk who was very friendly and answered all our questions very efficiently.
Room was quiet, clean and large for London standards. Only problem was that on the Friday night we could clearly hear snoring coming from the room beside us so rooms wouldn't be the most sound proof.
Hotel is close to Liverpool street (£10 in a taxi) and Whitechapel underground station (5 min walk away).
If going to London again I would certainly be very happy to stay here.

Room Tip: we stayed in a twin room, all very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your last stay with us here at Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. I was very pleased to note you found the hotel comfortable and a great base for visiting London. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road? Share your experiences!