“Defiantly stay here again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road

You added Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Cavell Street, London E1 2BT, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #168 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Defiantly stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Recently returned from a two night stay at this hotel and can honestly say it far exceeded my expectations.

The staff really cannot do enough for you and are very friendly. We ate in te hotel on out first night and was very impressed by the quality of the meals, likewise the breakfast the following morning was excellent.

The surrounding area is not the best but never once felt threatened, we had a walk onto the famous blind beggar pub one evening which I would recommend.

As other people have said the tourist parts of london are very accessible either by tube, train or even within walking distance.

I did have one slight issue with my stay which I have since taken up with the manager Damian who has sorted this matter very quickly and efficiently.

Overall would highly recommend this hotel and we will defiantly be back

• Stayed February 2013
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always very pleasing when our guests "highly recommend" us and state we by far exceeded expectations. The team here take great pride in the service they deliver and your review confirms we are achieving our goal of giving great customer service. I was also pleased to read Damian was able to resolve the one issue you did have during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

In generally I like to stay in Holiday Inn, that means, that I am a little bit partial, but nevertheless it is a very decent hotel. Since I had business in Excel center, can say that position on DLR line is appropriate although a little bit far away. Internet in hotel is OK, but needs some improvement. I tested it with several servers and get very different results, so I think that Holiday Inn IT specialist should spent some time here. Breakfast is very good, room is clean bed is very good and I like firm pillows, so I did not have any problems sleeping, which is a most important thing, when choosing hotel. Bathroom is to small, shower is very good and toilet lack a toilette brush. Service at reception desk lacks initial or welcoming wisdom, otherwise they are good. Have to add, that I was pleasantly surprised, when I found two packets of decaff in room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and allows us to constantly review and improve our service.

I am pleased to inform you we have in the last 7 days upgraded our internet supply at the hotel which was originally on a temporary feed and as a result not as powerful as we wanted it. I am confident should you test the internet now you will see a great improvement.

Your comments regarding the front desk team will of cause be fed back to them to ensure all our guests receive a warm and friendly welcome.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and Holiday Inns as a whole. I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn London Commercial Road in the near future.
welshie in yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just returned fro a weekend stay at this hotel, the staff are all lovely and make you feel very welcome. The hotel is brand new, the rooms are great, bed is comfy and the breakfast for £9.95 is really good value, also the bar is very reasonable compared to over bars in the area, yes, it can be a little intimidating around white chapel but to be fair where isn't this days! walk tall and confident, nobody will bother you. The Hotel is a perfect base to see the sights, step out of the hotel, right, then right again, walk for about 15-20 minutes and there you are on London Bridge, walk over the millennial bridge and there is the Tate modern also, out of the hotel turn left then left again, 10 minute walk and you are in brick lane and spitalfields you can also walk to the Borough Market, it is a nice 20 minute walk along the canal, walk through watney market and follow the canal signs toward wapping, I did all these walks this weekend, as I say a lovely hotel as a perfect Base. It really is good value.

Room Tip: 4th floor was great, very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your views and comments following your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. As General Manager I was very pleased to read you found the hotel great value and a good base to explore London. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when you once again explore other area of this magnificent city.
Workington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night in an executive room which was huge. It had a very large comfortable bed and the bathroom was very well equipped with a good range of toiletries. There was an excellent shower. The room was immaculately clean and of very attractive appearance.
Front desk staff were very welcoming and efficient. I did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on food quality but I did have a drink in the bar where the barman was very friendly and efficient.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from Whitechapel tube station and there are bus stops within a few metres. There is no question that I would return to this hotel when visiting London and although the location isn't the best for easy access to central London the quality of the hotel easily makes up for it and in any case it is only 15 mins by tube to the centre.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robtraveller, As General Manager I was very pleased to read you found our Executive Rooms spacious and comfortable and also that the team was welcoming and efficient throughout your stay. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here this weekend for a couple of nights on a short break holiday. Staff are friendly and cannot do enough for you. Rooms are lovely and well equipped, iron, hairdryer, coffee making facilities, dressing gown, toiletries etc. Arrived back late one evening after struggling to find a restaurant still open and asked if it was possible to order food. We were told it was not a problem and we could order bar snacks. The food was a decent price and really nice. Breakfast is plentiful and often refilled. This hotel in my opinion should be a 4 star. I think the location and views are the factors which affect the star rating but access to the tourist areas is easy. There are two train stations nearby, across the road and just a short walk through Watney Market. Locals were friendly and we felt safe. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jessie0, Thank your for your review following your stay with us here at Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. As General Manager for the hotel I was very pleased to read you felt the hotel should be 4 star. The team take great pride in the service they give and are always striving to exceed our guests exception's. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We normally stay either in the West End or Central and this was a new location but as work took us to the East side we chose this hotel.
Form the moment we arrived the staff were outstanding. My husband and I arrived seperately and I was made to feel welcome. The room was large, clean, well designed and very comfortable.
The location was brilliant although it hadn't been my first choice. We had a lovely dinner nearby and the area is vibrant and safe.
Our new favourite London Hotel and we have stayed in many London Hotels within this group. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EllyOKelly, Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments following your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. Your recommendation of the hotel is fantastic and it was great you felt the team made both yourself and your husband welcome from the the start. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
bolton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Situated on Commercial Rd in Whitechapel,this looks and feels like a brand new hotel.Rooms are a good size and comfortable- ours was at the back- not a great view,but quiet.Breakfast was included and a good selection of hot and cold dishes- excellent start to the day.The site of the hotel may not be to everyone's taste,but it it close to Shadwell dlr and Whitechapel tubes.It seemed perfectly safe to me,but the hotel is not in a tourist area - however you can access the tube easily for a short journey to the sights.
Only letdown was the wifi not up to speed,which is important for a business hotel.
However,the price was good and you can stay in this modern,comfortable hotel for a much better rate than some of the more Central hotels.

Room Tip: Not facing the fire escape,though it was quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us. I was pleased to read your views on breakfast and that you found the rooms a good size and comfortable.

I am also pleased to be able to inform you that since your stay we have upgraded our internet supply and now run a much faster service due to the installation of a new fibre cable. We understand how key internet is to our guests and believe the current offering will meet all requirements.

Once again thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Been to Holiday Inn London - Commercial Road? Share your experiences!