“Quite nice local Mexican restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London
“Quite nice local Mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly nice local restaurant. Nothing very special though . Food an entirely standard selection of burritos, tacos, chilli con carne etc. Staff friendly and restaurant colourful if not always very busy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

well i think my title says it all, had a amazing time here and fantastic and yummy food! would highly recommend, great atmosphere, great decor fab staff and great service

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Party atmosphere, great night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We were only in the area of Finsbury park for one night and have never been to this part of London before. We looked at trip advisor and found that this little gem is rated approx 200 out of 10,000ish hotels! Not a bad effort we thought, so off we went. Brilliant evening. Very authentic surroundings and although it looks small from outside, it's like a tardis! Agree with previous comments on the nachos which were brilliant. The smokey BBQ sauces were amazing and all of our food was delicious and hot, could have been spicier but I bet if I'd asked they would have done that. My only slight niggle was that we really wanted to spread the evening out a bit. It wasn't busy with lots of tables available but the waitress was a little 'hovering' and the courses were served very quickly in succession. Maybe they can't win! Some would want quick service like that, whereas we were happy to chat and make an evening of our meal. The desserts went down well with my husband and kids, and my cocktail was lovely. We had a great night and my teenager who thought we should go into the centre of London was really pleased with my decision not to in the end! Thank you Mexicali :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A MIILION TO ONE ODDS OF FINDING FOOD AND ATMOSPHERE THIS GREAT.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

From the very first day I had my first food at mexicali, I knew I would be going there again and again. I have tried almost all the dishes on the menu, and can only describe the dishes in three words (SUPERB, SUPERB, SUPERB). The table settings and candle lights just puts you in the mood to relax after work. Every time visit, I end up wishing the evening doesn't end. Most Importantly, the Staff are very friendly, and very well organized. KEEP IT UP.

• Visited June 2013
“Cheap and Cheerful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although the restaurant does look a little bit tacky from the outside the food is absolutely delicious and is excellent value. The nachos are the best nachos I've ever eaten and could feed an army of people! The mains are very tasty and will not disappoint. Have been there several times now and will definitely be returning again.

• Visited April 2013