“Wow factor” 5 of 5 stars

+44 20 7229 2115
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chakra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,578 of 17,997 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Chakra is at the cutting edge of Indian Cuisine. We combine the Royal Maharajah Kitchen stye of cooking with classic street food dishes. The result? Our food is as delicious as it is stunning to look at.
scotland
“Wow factor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a find. Great staff, fabulous food, clean and well decorated. This is not your usual run of the mill Indian Restaurant. Chakra has the WOW Factor.
If you visit London check the underground info and make for Notting Hill. If you are a London resident it's worth a trip even if you live right across the city. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest
I'm delighted that you loved the cuisine and the atmosphere at Chakra! I look forward to welcoming you again!
Best Regards
Chef Andy

Lugano, Switzerland
“Chakra ... nice service, atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've been to Chakra 3 weeks ago during the weekend and I've to say that the Food is excellent and the service too...if you want to eat indian with a special atmosphere then this is a place to visit.

The only disappointment was the Wine list... not regarding the wine offer but for the prices which were a little too expensive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your review! We have redone the wine list, and are continuously striving to perfect it, and give value to our dinner guests! I look forward to seeing you again!
regards
Andy
london
“Going downhill rapidly! Don't eat here!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Been to chakra many times in the past but it is very disappointing to see how quickly things are going downhill!!!
The first time I came to chakra I felt that they were soon to achieve 'Michelin star' status but now I can only say they will be lucky if they are open in 1 year from now! Of course, they may radically change things but I doubt it! The food is less than average, some dishes taste average at best!
The atmosphere is good. The service is still very good. Cost-wise, I used to be happy to pay these over-priced charges but now I can't justify it! The worst dish is the bengal fish curry, it's vomit worthy! It's extremely bitter!

Don't bother coming to this place, unless you want to try it before it closes down.

The manager was very helpful and assured me they were keen to hear people views and are working on improving new recipes. I am satisfied that they will try to improve!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Mark M
I'm sorry that you did not like the Bengal Fish Curry. It is a new dish I have put on, bringing true flavours back from Calcutta, where I grew up. The recipe uses mustard oil, paste & seeds and can get a bit overpowering for guests who do not like the pungency of Mustard. Ill look to lower the mustard value in the recipe. We complimented your meal, and did not charge you, as you did not like the dish, and would hope that you would give Chakra another try... Times are tough and our trade is based upon the goodwill of our guests. Even if we shut down, we tried our best, and loads of guests were happy!!
Best
Chef Andy
Redlands, California
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I thought this was a great restaurant. Very unique and delicious fusional ideas, new concepts, and friendly staff. Beautiful atmosphere. Def recommend.

Visited March 2013
UK
“Up market Indian for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Really enjoyed an evening at this place. It was easy to book on-line (Take note, Veeraswamy) and the staff were charmingly helpful even when we turned up with more people than we had booked for on a busy Friday night. They couldn't have been more accommodating. Menu advice was freely given and generally correct regarding portions and an appropriate food mixture for a table of 7. The drinks were a bit tardy in arriving but overall we had a very good meal and at no time were we harassed nor was any attempt made to move us on when we had paid up but were not looking like wanting to leave! The food was good quality and tasty but the portion size was a bit small so be sure to order some side dishes. We ended up satisfied and having drunk plenty of wine and beer for a bill, including service, just slightly north of £50 per head. The food was hugely, massively and enormously better that Amaya and I would always choose Chakra over this place in the future. It is perhaps not as polished as Tamarind or Chutney Mary but it is better value. I am glad we went there and will return again if in that part of town!

• Visited March 2013