“In one word: perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London St James

You added Sofitel London St James to your Saves list
Sofitel London St James
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Waterloo Place, London SW1Y 4AN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #20 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Perth, UK
“In one word: perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Checked in Monday. Departed Wednesday. Have been twice before. Well-trained staff. Quiet, clean room. Bar staff work hard and provide excellent service with a smile. Will return. Not sure when, but will return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for your taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel London St James.
Our team dedicates his/her day satisfying our guests and I am glad to read you were pleased with their kindness and attention to your needs. Indeed, we proud ourselves to train our staff members well but we made our priority to hire passionate persons. Hence, we go an extra mile & extra smile to better indulge you as it is a pleasure for us and not a duty.
I hope we will have the privilege to welcome you back in order for us to offer you our undivided attention.
Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

After being picked up in a too small taxi for six persons,we feared the worst.But right from the check in,everything was wonderfull.The breakfast with a lot of fresh choices,the recommendations of the concierge,the quiet rooms and very comfortable beds,the cleaning staff,the very great location.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for your positive comment. I am pleased to read you were extremely satisfied with the service of the entire team from Front Desk's to cleaning ladies and Concierge's, Brasserie Roux's, etc.
Indeed, we get daily deliveries of fresh products for our breakfast offer hence a wide variety provided.
Sofitel Luxury Hotels has developed a unique bed concept called MyBed for you to feel like lying on smooth clouds.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon and to offer you our undivided attention.
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband always stays here when on business so we had Sofitel vouchers to pay for 2 nights at the hotel. It is expensive, a standard room was £500 for 2 nights, breakfast costs an eye watering £25 each. The rooms are small but beautiful, and the bed is one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in.

The hotel is perfectly located, Her Majesty's and Haymarket theatre are behind the hotel and Piccadily Circus is a 2 minute walk away.

What makes this hotel though are the staff. Everyone we met, from the Chamber maid to the Reception staff, are wonderful.

We would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Madam,
I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. It is my pleasure to read that the whole Sofitel London St James team is "wonderful". They were very grateful to your feedback as I shared it with them.
I am glad the Sofitel Luxury Hotels unique bed concept called MyBed provided you with a deep and smooth sleep.
I look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.
Area General Manager.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

I loved everything about this hotel. I especially loved afternoon tea! The rooms were beautifully decorated, clean and quiet! The concierge was very helpful in getting reservations, suggesting shopping excursions, etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for emphasizing your satisfaction regarding our Afternoon Tea as we proud ourselves in joining the English tradition to the French elegance touch.
I am glad you also enjoyed your room and the service provided.
Our Concierges are always delighted to advice and even to surprise our guests with unexpected and relevent suggestions.
I really look forward to your next stay with us.
finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

We were reserved and paid 3 nights stay at Sofitel starting Thursday 23.September. When we arrived the reception told us that hotel was overbooked,and we had no room. But they had made arraingements: we got a wonderful and enormous suite at Metropolitan hotel instead and Denise from reception, very nice and efficient yound lady escorted us with taxi there and took care of all formalities. Next day a taxi cab took our luggage back to Sofitel, where we treated royally! Our room was so nice and the service was excellent and our stay could not be more perfect!
We will absolutely be back at our next visit to London!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for your positive feedback and I am pleased to read you had a "wonderful stay" with us.
Please be assured I shared your comment with my whole team.
I hope we will have the privilege to welcome you back soon and to offer you our undivided attention.
Area General Manager.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We loved this place. We reserved a suite and it was worth it if you are looking for an upscale hotel. The concierge service was excellent which is very important to us when we are touring. Location was excellent. Bed was soooo comfortable. Nice bar. Friendly staff. Everything we needed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I am so happy to read your satisfaction regarding the level of service of the entire Sofitel London St James team who makes his/her utmost to indulge the guests.
I thank you for specifically quoting the Concierge's and the Bar's members. I will definitely share this positive feedback with my team.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to offer you our undivided attention in the near future.
Area General Manager

Been to Sofitel London St James? Share your experiences!