Our 6 night stay in this hotel in July was fantastic. Standards of service are very high. From the lovely check-in staff and small refreshment offered at check-in, to the helpful concierge, accommodating, unobtrusive and professional cleaning staff and charming staff in the bar and restaurant.
Room service breakfasts were lovely as was the one room-service dinner I had and I appreciated the delicious little extras that always accompanied the order and the presentation in general.
Some staff went above and beyond, when I misplaced a t-shirt and called to ask laundry if I had accidentally sent it for laundering, although it turned out I hadn't, the person I spoke to said how sorry she was I'd lost it and offered to have her staff help me buy another if I would tell her the colour, style and size. Impressive! Also, as we were staying for almost a week, housecleaning left a message on our first night letting us know they would be happy to accommodate any extra requests such as different pillows, bedding etc. Small extra efforts like that make a difference.
Our deluxe room was nice and although not enormous, so well-laid out and with a large window that we never felt cramped. The bathroom was spacious and well-appointed and the Hermes toiletries are a luxurious reminder of this hotel chain's provenance. The room was always spotless and faultlessly turned down with extra water, slippers etc.
We had dinner at the restaurant one evening - good food and, as always, impeccable service. The bar is a great place for an early evening drink. Modelled on Coco Chanel's Parisian apartment it's cosy and atmospheric.
Finally, the location of this hotel is fabulous. Located at the bottom end of Regent St where it meets Strand, this is a quiet but very central spot. My husband was in London for work and this was convenient for him to both City of London and other locations around greater London. But, more importantly (!), it was really perfect for me as a leisure traveller. I was able to walk to all my favourite spots.
So impressed with this hotel - catered perfectly to my husband's business needs and my stay for pleasure. Can't wait for our next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel London St James lies discreetly at the very heart of London. Created in a magnificent grade II listed building, the 183-room hotel boasts accommodation to suit every taste. The hotel features "The Balcon" French brasserie, the St James Bar elegant cocktail bar and the sumptuous Rose Lounge. It is also the perfect place to unwind with the gym and relaxation space, So FIT by Sofitel, and So SPA by Sofitel, a new kind of Spa experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London St James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- London Sofitel St James