“Exceptional Service, location and stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London St James

You added Sofitel London St James to your Saves list
Sofitel London St James
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Waterloo Place, London SW1Y 4AN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #20 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Canton, Ohio
“Exceptional Service, location and stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Sofitel St. James is one of those extraordinarily elegant old hotels that oozes comfort and impeccable service, and makes you wish you never had to leave. Its location, a 2 minute walk from the Piccadilly tube stop, makes it convenient to anywhere in London. The rooms are not huge, but are awash in all the comforts you could want, including uber-comfortable beds and well-appointed bathrooms with Hermes toiletries and luxuriously plush towels. The staff are welcoming and attentive to any help you need with dinner or theater reservations and assistance in navigating transportation in the city. The glass bowl of handmade fruit lollies at the reception desk was a nice touch, as was the shot glass of fruit juice offered at check-in. Our stay there was absolutely flawless and stress-free. HIGHLY recommend this wonderful French hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I thank you for such wonderful a feedback!

I love to hear satisfied guests with our "impeccable service". We put a lot into providing outstanding standards of service and I am glad to read that we have exceeded your expectations.

I also thank you for recommending Sofitel London St James to your entourage.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Denis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've stayed at this property many times and they are holding to a high standard in all respects. The only drawbacks for the business traveler, depending upon how/when you book, are possibly high costs for the rooms and a relatively limited fitness facility.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I am extremely pleased to hear that we are keeping up with high standards of service. Indeed we do our utmost to exceed our guests expectations.

Regarding our So-FIT, it has got the latest Technogym devices.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Julie and I loved this hotel. When we arrived, we were invited to the bar for tea (it was 2:00 PM) since our rooms were not yet ready. Then, every evening, we ended our day in the bar talking about our adventures.

The staff was professional and accommodating. The rooms were well appointed and quiet. The restaurant was excellent for breakfast (it's the only meal we had at the hotel). Candidly, I cannot think of anything I didn't like about this hotel. They even provided umbrellas for my entire family, even though two of them were not hotel guests!

I highly recommend the Sofitel. It's in the center of the city, right near all the sites you are going to want to visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
What a great feedback! Thank you for that!

Indeed we do our utmost to satisfy our guests expectations and I am truly glad to hear that you have enjoyed everything about your stay. You have made our day!

I also thank you for recommending Sofitel London St James to your entourage.

We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I cannot state how much I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. We had interconnecting rooms (kids) and the layout of both rooms was absolutely perfect. Service by all (front staff, concierge, room service, room cleanup) was absolutely the best I have experienced at any hotel. The location was great - only 30 seconds from the Piccadilly Train Station. Right next to Buckingham Palace. Rooms were very clean (serviced twice a day) and the beds were great.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am truly pleased to hear that you have adored your stay at Sofitel London St James.

Indeed we do our utmost to fulfill and exceed our guests expectations. I am glad to read that we have achieved our aim.

We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This time I got a smaller room that by far was not as nice as the last time but still the room was not too small (by London standards), clean, with bath tub and shower, free WiFi and complimentary water (or so I hope :) ). The bar is great and this time there were no fancy statues around the hotel that would embarass young ladies. Overall good experience, the only reason for not rating it at 5 stars is that for the value the price tag is still a bit too high (even by London standards).
At least I could see that my neighbour paid the same rate as I when I found neighbouring room's bill under my door. I realised it wasn't mine only when I saw charge for breakfast which I did not have and I was about to call reception to settle it ;)

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you have had a very good stay!

Rate wise it all depends on supply and demand I am afraid.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed for a business trip in November 2012 and brought my family (partner, 1 year old son and toy poodle) with me. I was super impressed with their service for kids and dog.

The bathroom had a potty and a rubber ducky. Super fun.
And my pooch was surprised with a treat. Dog food and his own bowl for water. And he even was given his own bed.

This is the best hotel for business and family in London. Three (I mean, Two) thumbs up! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We love to indulge all of our guests. Kids and pets are also very important to us.

I am most pleased to hear that all the family has very much enjoyed the stay.

We look forward to welcoming you all back.

A bientôt,

Denis

Been to Sofitel London St James? Share your experiences!