We had a very enjoyable four night stay last week. I chose the Sofitel out of the literally hundreds of options available based on the recommendation of a friend who stayed there last year, and told me it was the best hotel she had ever stayed in, I can understand this sentiment now that I have been there myself! The service was impeccable, from the moment we arrived after an overnight flight, we were hoping to just store our bags but the manager was kind enough to find an available room for us. Front desk staff, housekeeping, concierge, bellman - every member of the staff was courteous and helpful. I was travelling with my elderly mother and teenage daughter so I wanted to stay somewhere safe and a bit luxurious, with a staff that would help us negotiate the city with directions, restaurant recommendations, finding cabs, etc., and that certainly was the case with the Sofitel. The location is wonderful, great for walking to many areas of the city, though if you are looking for shopping, nightlife and dining right outside the door, you will not find it here. The area directly surrounding the hotel is fairly quiet as is the hotel itself, which makes for a good night's sleep and a general feeling of security. There are several cafes/coffee shops right around the corner however, and in 5-10 minutes you can reach Piccadilly Circus or Trafalgar Square, which are teeming with options for restaurants, stores, theatres, etc. The tube and several bus stops are also within 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. The lobby area and rooms were lovely and well decorated, my only issue was with the shower in the bathroom, couldn't seem to find a way to take a shower without getting water all over the floor, must be some trick to it that I did not figure out while we were there! I mentioned on check in that we were in London to celebrate a special birthday for my daughter and we returned to our room one afternoon to find a dessert and a rose waiting for her, she was so excited! Hotel is obviously not inexpensive but can say it lives up to its 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel London St James lies discreetly at the very heart of London. Created in a magnificent grade II listed building, the 183-room hotel boasts accommodation to suit every taste. The hotel features "The Balcon" French brasserie, the St James Bar elegant cocktail bar and the sumptuous Rose Lounge. It is also the perfect place to unwind with the gym and relaxation space, So FIT by Sofitel, and So SPA by Sofitel, a new kind of Spa experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, ACCOR, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London St James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- London Sofitel St James