“27th Wedding anniversary celebrated in style!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London St James

You added Sofitel London St James to your Saves list
Sofitel London St James
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Waterloo Place, London SW1Y 4AN, England (St. James's)   |
Special Offer
SOFITEL CHIC GOURMANDISE
Ranked #24 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lux
“27th Wedding anniversary celebrated in style!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and myself have just returned from a three day stay at the beautiful Sofitel St James located only a two minute walf from Picadilly Circus.We had an absolutely wonderful time at this hotel which provides top quality accommodation and service.From the moment we arrived we were offered complimentary coffee in the very comfortable Bar while the concierge took care of our luggage.This was a wonderful gesture as we had just arrived in from Luxembourg.We can only applaud the professionalism of all the staff at Reception,in the restaurant and on the Room Service Team for the wonderful hospitality bestowed to my wife and myself during our stay.We had a beautifully appointed luxury room with probably the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in!Absolutely amazing.When we reurned back to our room on the first evening,we were pleasently surprised to find a small cake along with some chocolates and a message congratulating us on our 27th wedding anniversary!Many thanks once again to the Sofitel St James Team for giving us a truly wonderful hotel stay which we will never forget and hopefully we can return again some time soon .

Room Tip: Fifth floor rooms with nice view of Pall Mall
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We have loved to pleasantly surprise you and your spouse with the celebration of your 27th wedding anniversary. Such an important moment in ones life!

Our aim is to indulge all of our guests and we do it genuinely.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Denis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very good hotel, location is great, literally a few minute walk from Regents Street. The staff were very helpful and the room clean and pleasant, the bed was ridiculously comfortable, but the room was a little small, glad we were not staying there long.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I thank you for your positive feedback. Good to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay at Sofitel London St James.

I can tell that Sofitel Luxury Hotels has once again achieved its goal with MyBed. A unique bed system which takes you to sleep like onto fluffy clouds.

We look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife treated me to a night at the Sofitel for my birthday. This is a lovely hotel in one of my favourite parts of London: turn left out of the hotel for the west end; turn right for St James' Park and the Palace.

Staff provide excellent service - probably the best I have experienced in the UK. Room was fine although I found the shower a little complex for my a simple soul like me. Bed very soft.

Only slight disappointment was Breakfast. Le Balcon is a lovely dining room but clearly fills up quickly, leading to the St James bar being used as an overspill. The full English is served as a buffet so one only choice of egg (scrambled) and the food was not hot enough.

Overall though great hotel and will return (when hopefully the Breakfast will be a little better!)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am truly grateful to you for such positive a feedback. The whole team and I were enchanted to hear that we have provided you with the best level of service ever.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

A bientôt,

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel St James for one night only and I would definitely return in a heartbeat. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived, all the staff seemed to have time to provide that little bit extra attention and have a friendly chat. Our room was really well laid out and had a very homely feel - lots of little touches including an iPod docking station. The bathroom was beautifully decorated in classic black and white, with the most amazingly powerful shower - monsoon rather than deluge! The bed linen was so luxurious it almost felt like silk. Room service was quick and efficient. We also made use of the bar for late night snack and drink and this was also very comfy and quite cosy.

It's clear that there has been a lot of thought out into the little finishing touches throughout the whole hotel. There were a number of original sculptures as well as some classic black and white photographs, making the overall ambience simple but very tasteful. All the staff were polite and friendly and I would complement them on the quality of service they offered.
Fantastic location too - right at the bottom of Regent Street, a very short walk from Piccadilly.

I would love to come back to the Sofitel St James and would recommend it to anyone. I've stayed at more expensive and "higher quality" establishments before but this really compares very favourably.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I was really pleased to read about your wonderful experience at Sofitel London St James. Thank you for pointing it out on TripAdvisor.

I also thank you for recommending the hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks while on an assignment in London. There are not many hotels in the world I have given a perfect feedback to, but this this one of them.

Grand exterior, very convenient location to Piccadilly Circus, Chinatown, Leicester square, theaters... Very good service, attentive staff (receptionist walked me though the entire facilities at ckeckin). Super nice and atmosphere in the hotel bar, breakfast room. I booked the least expensive room to fit my project budget (paid 500-600 usd per night), but it was well equipped, small but functional and clean and cozy. Hotel deliveen a free espresso machine after I checked in.

Negatives? I seriously cannot thin of any.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback onto TripAdvisor.

During those 3 weeks with us at Sofitel London St James you have had the time to put us to the test. I am truly pleased to hear that we have been consistent in providing you with high standards of services.

Indeed we genuinely love to indulge all of our guests and I can tell that you have felt it too.

We look forward to your next stay.

Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just spent two nights over New Year at this hotel. Although it is classed as 5 star I thought that it was probably only 4 star. The cleanliness of the rooms was very good and the beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately it was noted that in the reception areas there were areas that needed a little freshening up, ie glass and mirrors needed cleaning. My reduction of a star was mainly for the Breakfast which left a lot to be desired. When it got to about 10.30am all the cooked food was unedible and other items needed filling up. The staff were not too happy to refill. I am probably being a little picky but it is not a cheap hotel and I would have liked to return someday.
Apart from my moans please all have a Happy New Year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am most pleased to hear that you have had an overall enjoyable experience at Sofitel London St James.

Indeed this end of year was extremely busy at the hotel. Some days were more crowded than others.

I however look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I stay at a hotel I never ask for room cleaning and towel change. It's because I don't want to be disturbed and I do not want to make unnecessary wastes using new towels day by day.
I always use the "do not disturb" tag on my door, so I have used it here at Sofitel as well.
Returning after a long day from the city, I realized that somebody was in my room and all the towels were changed. I was very upset, but I didn't make complaint than cause I had no time and energy for it.
The day after when I left my room I heard that somebody (I guess the manager of the housekeepers, who seemed to be Russian or something Eastern-European) was shouting to a housekeeper lady who denied to enter a room which was signed with "do not disturb" tag.
That was the time when I understood that the "obtrusion" to my room was not the decision of the housekeeper but this is the policy of this hotel!
This is shame!
I pay for a 5* hotel cause I would like to got what I WANT not what the manager thinks! That's why I use the tag on my door.
But it seems nobody cares about it at this hotel!
It was the last time I stayed at a Sofitel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I am truly sorry to hear about this incident. Allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Sometimes guests press this "Do Not Disturb" button without noticing it however please rest assured that I will liaise with the Executive Housekeeper about this issue in order to avoid any future occurence.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back.

With my best regards,

Denis Dupart

Been to Sofitel London St James? Share your experiences!