“Excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London St James

You added Sofitel London St James to your Saves list
Sofitel London St James
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Waterloo Place, London SW1Y 4AN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #19 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Sofitel for one night in connection with a business trip, so I didn't have a chance to enjoy the hotel's amenities.

I chose the hotel because of its location and I am glad I did. It's in the heart of London within easy reach of the city and all major attractions.

The personnel was friendly and helpful.

The room was a bit small, but very clean and tastefully decorated. All in all, I was very satisfied and will probably return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Indeed we are centrally located in London however on the quiet Waterloo Place. This is extremely convenient for both business and leisure purposes trips. Guests are very happy to leave their hectic pace of life and enter our haven of peace.

We look forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to come back on a leisure visit.

A bientôt,

Denis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and it is in a brilliant location - National & Portrait galleries, Leicester Square, Soho, Covent Garden and Regent Street all within easy walking distance. The hotel is French owned and predominantly French occupied so we were often greeted in French which was amusing. The bar is a bit small but quirky and not as expensive as many other central London hotels. On arrival we were upgraded to a luxury room which was very pleasant, the bed was big and very comfortable. The hair dryer weighed a ton but the concierge has other ones available if requested. Generally the hotel is very modern and well appointed. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant but it was a good quality fairly typical buffet style. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
It was a pleasure to host you at Sofitel London St James and I thank you for your delicate and positive feedback.

We genuinely try our best to indulge all of our guests and they can feel it. Our French touch is our trademark :-) .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

north east
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

A beautiful hotel with perfect service. Staying in junior suites made it a perfect four our short stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone whether for business or pleasure. Very well maintained and the rooms were better than expected. Views were good.
Bar served excellent, nibbles and the drinks were not as over priced as other 5* hotels.
Concierge got me to the Albert Hall on time with no stress.
Breakfast was perfectly served in the room. Far too much to eat in the time that we had but will make more of it in the future.
The location of the hotel made the difference for us as it is as central as you can get. Staff were extremely friendly and professional. They deserve the tips that they should get.
Concierge got me to my extremely important event on time and they welcomed me with a fast refreshment upon return. God bless 'em.
Prices reflect the service and calibre of hotel but I feel it was good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for such perfect feedback.

I am really glad to hear that we have met all of your expectations.

I hope you will have more time to enjoy on your next visit which we are looking forward to.

A bientôt,

Carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at midday, and had to leave the bags as the room wasn't ready. So we wandered off for lunch and when we returned bags were in the room. Room was nice, linen high quality, shower excellent - beware if the shower door pops open you can flood the bathroom very easily, room and bathroom were spotless and finished to a high standard. I have no hesitation in recommending the Sofitel St James as a place to stay. The only issue was the price of food and drink - breakfast was £30 each, we only made that mistake once - it's a fiver for the same food at all the cafes and greasy spoons nearby. Bar prices are similarly inflated - we had one and went out - more fun and cheaper. But that's all niggles - it's a lovely place with attentive and professional staff.

• Stayed November 2012
I thank you for recommending Sofitel London St James. Indeed the best advertisement is always made by world of mouth.

I felt proud of my whole team as you have pointed out an attentive staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is worth every penny. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff friendly and helpful in the most professional sense. The location could not be better for shows and plays, movies, restaurants and other nightlife activities. A special place to stay combining warmth and elegance that make for a truly memorable vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It is so nice to read such positive feedbacks as yours. Thank you so much for that!

I always feel proud of my team when I hear that guests were satisfied with our friendliness and helpfulness.

Hope to have you back soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Superb hotel. Beautiful interiors, best location, brilliant staff, couldn't be better. Very expensive, but actually well worth the extra. Had dinner one night, absolutely gorgeous (£200 for 3!). Treat yourself to what has to be one of the best hotels in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I thank you for pointing out our outstanding standards of service as well as our beautiful design. To manage to enchant all of our guests is our utmost reward.

Your feedback is an enormous encouragement to the whole team to keep on genuinely providing high levels of service.

A très bientôt,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel while London while on vacation. The staff were fantastic, location was in a prime area, few minutes walk from Piccidilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. The concierge also helped with some great ideas for dinner a few nights, and booked us at two great resturants. The entire staff were friendly and so accomodating, especially Sally-Ann at the front desk, concierge, and the bar staff. As crazy as this sounds...the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. This is what all hotels should rival to. We will definately be back and that's a promise!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
The whole team and I were truly joyful to read your feedback and we all thank you for that.

Our main daily aim is to enchante our guests and to positively surprise them. I am really glad to hear that we have provided you with a fantastic level of service.

I thank you for specifically mentioning Sally-Ann as well as the Concierge and the St James Bar teams as we all strive for excellent standards of service.

We look forward to your next visit.

Denis

Been to Sofitel London St James? Share your experiences!