We arrived at the hotel at midday, and had to leave the bags as the room wasn't ready. So we wandered off for lunch and when we returned bags were in the room. Room was nice, linen high quality, shower excellent - beware if the shower door pops open you can flood the bathroom very easily, room and bathroom were spotless and finished to a high standard. I have no hesitation in recommending the Sofitel St James as a place to stay. The only issue was the price of food and drink - breakfast was £30 each, we only made that mistake once - it's a fiver for the same food at all the cafes and greasy spoons nearby. Bar prices are similarly inflated - we had one and went out - more fun and cheaper. But that's all niggles - it's a lovely place with attentive and professional staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel London St James lies discreetly at the very heart of London. Created in a magnificent grade II listed building, the 183-room hotel boasts accommodation to suit every taste. The hotel features "The Balcon" French brasserie, the St James Bar elegant cocktail bar and the sumptuous Rose Lounge. It is also the perfect place to unwind with the gym and relaxation space, So FIT by Sofitel, and So SPA by Sofitel, a new kind of Spa experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Splendia, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London St James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- London Sofitel St James