“Excellent stay for family of four” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure London Kensington

You added Mercure London Kensington to your Saves list
Mercure London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1a Lexham Gardens | Kensington, London W8 5JJ, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Ranked #429 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent stay for family of four”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and would definitely stay again. The location is excellent with the Earl's Court tube station close by if you take the short cut (Knareborough Place to Hogarth Rd to Earl's Court). Our room was large and had 4 comfortable single beds - perfect for our tall family of two adults and two teenagers. Bathroom was huge and clean with lots of towels and toiletries for everyone. There is a full-size Sainsbury's a couple of minutes away for breakfast supplies. The small fridge in the room had enough space to add our own food. We did have a problem with the air conditioning dripping on the carpet the first night. Didn't notice until morning so went down to tell the front desk staff and within minutes received a visit from maintenance. Were told the problem was minor and that we could keep the air on. Happy about that as it was very hot! Returned at the end of the day, air was on and the room was cool. Carpet was dry and the air continued to work for the rest of our stay. Only other difficulty was with the water temperature. Shower was burning hot on the first day no matter how we turned the taps; however, for the remaining days, it was great. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Would easily recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Your positive feedback is much appreciated.
We are pleased to read that our family room was perfect for your needs and that the location was excellent.
I will have the Maintenance Manager check the shower temperature control and ensure it is fully functional.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel set off Cromwell Street in London is ideally placed for visiting the Natural History, Science, Geological and V&A museums. It is an easy 5 min walk from Gloucester Road tube station. Our room was very comfortable and well sized and I was happy when the receptionist told me that the room was ready at 2pm! (check-in is usually 3pm). There were nice toiletries in the bathroom and everything was spotlessly clean. The hotel was not loud and didn't suffer from the sound of traffic and although I wore my eye mask my husband said there was no problem with any light coming in. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially the breakfast staff and the receptionists. My only complaint is that the sausages at breakfast were cheap and the bacon could've been crispier. Minor things!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, just in case you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your lovely comments. We are pleased to see that our efforts in trying to provide memorable stays to our guests have not gone unnoticed.
Your feedback about the sausages and bacon has been raised with our breakfast chef and we will definitely look into this.
Thank you for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Second stay at this hotel and I must say it gets better and better.

I started my stay with a friendly welcome and an upgrade to one of their executive rooms. The room was very spacious and the bed really comfortable. Air conditioning was heaven, considering the heat we had to put up with outside.
Breakfast was delicious. Excellent food selection and I was very impressed with the fruit sculptures. Very innovative and creative.
The hotel is clean and staff is courteous. What more can one ask for? Excellent indeed!
I will return and will recommend to others too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your second stay with us.

I will share your positive comments with the team who I am sure will be very grateful.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights, starting with a warm welcome at 10.30pm! I didn't use the restaurant, so can't comment on that. The room was small, but I did book the small double room, so I'm not complaining about it :) Lovely waffle robes, comfortable bed, curtains that blacked out the night light, nice choice of teas and the room was lovely and clean. The staff were professional and friendly.
The hotel is really close to Earl's Court Station (5-10 minutes walk...depending on your blister state and if it's end of work day!) which was fantastic for coming home from the theatre.
My only "complaint" is that the water in the bathroom didn't run to extremes, so the cold water was bordering on luke warm instead of cold (no good to soak sore feet) and the hot water for the shower was more warm than hot (I don't think it went above 38degC).
Otherwise - was extremely happy with this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms and friendliness of our staff have brought a smile on our faces and will encourage us to continue providing excellent service.
I raised your concern regarding the shower unit with the maintenance team and they will be investigating this matter.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Mercure London Kensington? Share your experiences!