“Mercure Kensington” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure London Kensington

Save Saved
You added Mercure London Kensington to your Saves list
Mercure London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1a Lexham Gardens | Kensington, London W8 5JJ, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #452 of 1,075 hotels in London
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Mercure Kensington”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed ' the small double bed room' in Mercure Kensington during London visit for business. The bathroom has a small bath tub, a hand basin with a tap that really hard to turn on & off. Some shampoo tubes. The bedroom contains a small double bed, a chair, a tv, a small desk, a wardrobe. Tea & coffee facilities, etc..
The room, it was small. It was too small to stay.
The room was relatively clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Victoria770,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was disappointed to read that you room was relatively clean. Your comments come as a surprise since most of our guests praise us for the cleanliness of our Hotel.

With regards to the size of the room, I am aware that our small doubles are on the tiny side, however we are working on changing the design of the room so we can offer more space to our beloved guests.

I hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

A second stay at this hotel was just as good as the first.
Ideally placed a mere 5 minute walk to Earls Court and the tube. Piccadilly line straight into the West End.
Very friendly staff throughout our stay and very happy to help.
The whole hotel is sparkling clean and has good rooms with all the extras.
The breakfast had a great selection and the restaurant is also spotless and well set out.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel and look forward to visiting again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eagleslayer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your second review of our Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you had yet again another excellent stay and we are grateful for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel and the great selection we offer at breakfast.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back on many future occasions.

PRESTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here on Saturday 16th march ith a friend and we shared a standard double room. The room was clean and modern and in a great location for earls court. Comfortable beds and a nice breakfast. One minutes walk from a sainsburys and 2 mins fom earls court and tube. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you and your friend enjoyed the time spent at our hotel.

Your positive commnents have been shared with the team.

Thank you for taking the time to post the reivew and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many future occasions.

c
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Everything was fine except the shower where it was impossible to control the water temperature. It was almost boiling hot! The problem was known to the hotel, but not dealt with because they were planning an exchange of all shower batteries in the near future they claimed. Although understandable it does not help guests in need of a shower before that time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was dissapointed o read of your concerns regarding our showers and would like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Your concerns have been raised with our maintenance team who are looking into changing any faulty shower units.
I hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and I would like to invite to try us again. Please email me directly at h8064-gm@accor.com and I will ensure you experience a more enjoyable stay.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrived to find friendly staff and a clean and modern hotel but the room are sooooo small it was dreadful. I will not be going back her in a rush! Further more 2 pints of lemondae via room service was £10++++

Room Tip: Not possible
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was happy to read that our staff friendliness and the cleanliness of the hotel were up to your satisfaction.
With regards to our small doubles, we are aware that they are on the tiny side and we are working at ways to offer more storage space in the rooms.
I wish you would not judge us solely on this experience. We have rooms that vary in sizes and my personal suggestion for future stays would be too book one of our executive or privilege rooms. Please contact me directly at h8064-gm@accor.com prior to your next stay and I will ensure you experiece a more enjoyable stay.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I made the mistake when booking on line of dating the start of my one night stay the same day as I booked , instead of dating it for the following day. I booked on the 10th March and meant to say the 11th. On arrival the desk clerk pointed out my error, but said that I would forfeit the £89 I had paid but she could offer me a room with a large double bed at £129. As a concession she would include breakfast, failing to observe that the on line booking included breakfast ! As a public relations exercise it left much to be desired. She could have said that she would only charge me the difference between what I had already paid and the cost of the bigger room. The waiter at breakfast was excellent; he helped me down the steps, as there is no hand rail to steady oneself, and at age 81, my balance is not great.
Overall the standard was good, and the barman was good and courteous. My guess is that because most of the guests are one-nighters, the incentive to put out all the stops at the front desk are not there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear helmsman99,

Thank you for your review.

I was surprised to read your comments regarding our reception team as most of our guests praise them for their hospitality and friendliness.
I was pleased to see that you found our other members of staff helpful.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back again to our hotel.

knottingley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Mercure Kensington on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed with all aspects of the hotel. Especially nice to be recognised and welcomed by one or two of the staff, albeit that many have changed since my last visit.

Was upgraded to a kingsize room on arrival without prompting, and registered whilst there to become an Accor card member.

Tariffs have increased significantly since earlier stays which whilst still benefitting 2 people sharing a room in a central london location , is quite expensive for a solo guest
now retired and receiving state pension.
Perhaps others in my position could be considered ?

As a smoker, the seated area at the front of the hotel and under cover from the overhead canopy is a plus factor.

Overall, the Mercure Kensington is friendly, comfortable, within easy reach of Central London by bus or underground.

Well worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure London Kensington. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Been to Mercure London Kensington? Share your experiences!