“A very good lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11,937 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
“A very good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I choose Casa Morita for lunch after walking through Market Row and sizing up all the other restaurants that looked just as good. I just hadn't had Mexican food for a while so picked this one. I was glad, There was a lunch special with two small starters and a main course for a very reasonable price. Sorry I don't remember how much but with a fresh lemonade it was around £10. The service, the food and the ambience were all perfect. I felt almost as if I was in Latin America. If you are in London as a tourist take a trip to Brixton Market for lunch. i recommend this place but the market and the people are the real attraction in Brixton. Don't miss out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Mexican Food and cocktails in Brixton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love going to Casa Morita in Brixton Market. The food is simple but really well made and tasty. The tostadas are delicious if a tad small. The margaritas are to die for. If you never eat any food have those. The chocolate cake is a must have too. The service is friendly and welcoming and the decor is cute. The mexican skulls add to the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Mediocre Mexican Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My dining experience at Casa Morita was disappointing to say the least. I have been to several places in Brixton Village and have always experienced very good standards, with good value for money. Casa Monita is probably the most expensive restaurant I have been to in Brixton, with the most limited menu and the most bland food. Our food arrived immediately, not a great sign, and it looked and tasted unappetising. I had the enchilladas, which were basically three soft tortillas folded over with a small amount of vegetables inside, and a very watery sauce over the top. Look, I'm not Mexican, but I am sure they are supposed to be baked. My friend's dish was also uninspiring, lacking in any distinguishing Mexican flavour. There were no options to add extra spice to the meals and they were extremely mild. The last nail in the coffin is that they didn't even do nachos!! Seriously, what kind of Mexican restaurant doesn't serve nachos?!!! Honestly, this was the worst dining experience I can remember and a complete rip off! I actually would have enjoyed a MacDonalds more and I'm a vegetarian.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice food, nice decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Was always passing by it when coming to Franco Mance, and although I love Mexican food and there aren't many nice Mexican places in London it took me a while to get here.
We really wanted to sit inside but the place was packed with people (it's small space), but soon after receiving our drinks we spotted an empty table inside and moving wasn't a problem.
It took the food a little while to arrive and our main dishes came together with the one we ordered as starters (maybe it's our fault, we might not be clear enough when ordering), so we had to eat everything at the same time (when some of it ran a bit cold) but the food was very nice! although i admit that being a vegetarian limit my food choice, but i don't mind coming back every once in a while and having the same dish. The Tostada was brilliant! and drinks were also quite good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious and authentic food and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The place is a little gem in Brixton Village. I went with some friends on a friday night. The atmosphere and decor are great. There is a wide selection of delicious drinks and cocktails. The food was delicious and service very fast! Their chocolate chili cake is to die for!
Arrive early to avoid the queue!

• Visited March 2013