“Misses the point” 3 of 5 stars
Review of CUT at 45 Park Lane

CUT at 45 Park Lane
45 Park Lane | 45 Park Lane, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair)
+44 20 7493 4554
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT at 45 Park Lane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #839 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: In September 2011, world-renowned chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck made his restaurant debut in Europe opening CUT at 45 Park Lane, a modern American steak restaurant featuring great food in a contemporary and dynamic environment. Located in Dorchester Collection's Mayfair hotel, CUT at 45 Park Lane mirrors the award-winning original CUT in Beverly Hills offering outstanding steaks, a superb wine list and impeccable service. From prime dry and wet aged beef to salads, and succulent pan-roasted lobster, sauteed and roasted whole fresh fish, the menu provides wide appeal. A carefully crafted wine list complements the menu with distinct international selections. The restaurant occupies the ground floor with seating for 70 guests, while a striking central staircase leads to the first floor featuring a library and Bar 45, with bar-dining for 30.
London
“Misses the point”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is Wolfgang Pucks first London restaurant, and based on a couple of visits I have to say he needs to swing by more often. I've eaten at his LA and Singapore versions and they are excellent, however London does not live up to their billing. The starters, sides and deserts are very good, however this is a steak restaurant and it lives and dies on the quality of the meat. On this front it falls flat on its face, the meat is lacks the flavour and juiciness essential to enjoying a steak. For my money try Goodman's or Hawksmore, better steaks at a lower price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Midland, Texas
“Best meal in ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel quite regularly, overseas and in the US, and our steaks at Cut were the best we've had in years, if not ever. There were 8 of us celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary on our last night in London. Beginning with the house cheese straws (16") and great wine recommendation from the Sommelier, we were off to a fantastic start. Seven of us ordered USDA Kansas City filet mignons; one ordered the USDA Kansas City Ribeye. Our steaks were cooked Medium to Medium Well, on request, and EVERY SINGLE STEAK was cooked to perfection. Impressively tender. Great taste. The service was first class with each entree delivered individually, at the same time as the others, by 8 different wait staffers. Fabulous presentation. We tried several of the offered sauces but the Bordelaise was my favorite. Our complimentary anniversary dessert was a "Bounty" coconut dessert that I actually preferred over my ordered Chocolate Souffle, which was quite delicious. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurantnd will definitely be visiting the one in Las Vegas soon.

New York
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were here in April 2012. The place is very pretty and we absolutelly loved our table. The service was very attentive and we were seated immediatelly. Food was excellent! Wine list was also great. Will definitelly return next time we are in London.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at CUT at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind comments on your recent visit to CUT at 45 Park Lane. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience including the service, food and wine list and I will be delighted to share your comments with the team here. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Kind regards, Christophe Hilty, Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection
london
“Excellent food; abysmal service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my fourth vist to CUT: it will be my last, and I shall be spreading the word. The service was abysmal, akin to a well-decorated Pizza Express.

My party was seated forty minutes late, with no sincere apologies and broken promises ('we will seat you in a moment, sir', etc). We waited far too long for a waiter; when I asked the waiter to tell me more about a starter, he simply said 'it's fabulous', followed by an awkward silence: I had to clarify that I wanted to know how the dish was prepared, and what it entailed. I ordered another cocktail: it did not arrive for twenty minutes, and that only after a prompt.

The wine went undecanted, where it would've benefited from the opposite. The wine (a st-estephe) was also extremely cold, and had to be left to acclimatise before we could drink it.

We waited far too long for our steaks, which were delicious, and indeed why I have returned so many times. The bill was also late, and when I complained in detail to the staff member, she made almost no response, and returned with the bill. She wrote nothing down and made no offer to discount our bill. Stand-offish would be a polite term, incompetent perhaps more accurate.

In short, I was shocked and appalled. A large number of staff in a small restaurant failed to attend to the needs of my guests & I. As I said, I will not be returning. Shame on you, CUT.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at CUT at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on your most recent dining experience at CUT and I very concerned to hear of your experience. I would very much like to discuss your comments further if you could kindly contact me directly at the hotel.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“My new favourite place to eat in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I visited on Saturday 8th March for my Dad's birthday and the dining experience exceeded my expectations. A great, diverse menu with several options which made my choice all the more difficult! 5* service yet not intrusive at all and the hotel has a small(ish), boutique type feel which I actually preferred to its sister hotel, the Dorchester. Not too stuffy, yet not too casual and with fantastic service throughout, what's not to like? I will be coming back for Brunch as often as possible. A big thank you to Thibault too who made our day all the more enjoyable. I recommend the Lobster Club with mac 'n' cheese and the best french fries I've ever eaten...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at CUT at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am delighted to read how much you and your father enjoyed the birthday celebrations at CUT and how much you appreciated the food, service and atmosphere during your brunch. Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on the Lobster club and fries and I look forward to welcoming you both here on your next visit.