“Fantastic food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CUT at 45 Park Lane

CUT at 45 Park Lane
45 Park Lane | 45 Park Lane, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair)
+44 20 7493 4554
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT at 45 Park Lane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #776 of 17,039 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: In September 2011, world-renowned chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck made his restaurant debut in Europe opening CUT at 45 Park Lane, a modern American steak restaurant featuring great food in a contemporary and dynamic environment. Located in Dorchester Collection's Mayfair hotel, CUT at 45 Park Lane mirrors the award-winning original CUT in Beverly Hills offering outstanding steaks, a superb wine list and impeccable service. From prime dry and wet aged beef to salads, and succulent pan-roasted lobster, sauteed and roasted whole fresh fish, the menu provides wide appeal. A carefully crafted wine list complements the menu with distinct international selections. The restaurant occupies the ground floor with seating for 70 guests, while a striking central staircase leads to the first floor featuring a library and Bar 45, with bar-dining for 30.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early so we went upstairs to the bar for drinks before dinner . It was a lovely area , not too crowded and lovely seating areas. The staff were friendly and attentive but not over the top. I have found in the past that waiters etc spend to long talking to you when it isn't necessary to do so. The restaurant came and got us when our table was ready and again the area was nice and not cramped in. The waitress showed us the different steaks that were on offer and explained where they came from etc. we both had fish starters which were excellent and for main I had a sirloin and my partner had fillet. Both were exceptional . The only thing I would say is that we weren't quite sure if the expensive steak on offer would be worth the £85 they want to charge for it .. Maybe next time we will have it and report back, as we will definitely be going again, even if its just to try another one of their dessers! The glass of red wine poured at our table to go with the steak was also a very nice touch and complimented the steak very well. This is a place well worth a visit

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
45ParkLane, Manager at CUT at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback on your recent dinner at CUT at 45 Park Lane. It is a pleasure to read how you enjoyed drinks in Bar 45 before your meal and how much you both enjoyed your fish starters and steak main courses. I will share your great comments with the team here and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you on your next visit.
Kind regards, Christophe Hilty, Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

London
“Great but you pay for it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As you would expect at one of the very best hotels Cut delivers excellent service fantastic steaks and a price that goes with it. We ate last week on business and I would go again but not out of my own pocket.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
45ParkLane, Manager at CUT at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent dinner at CUT at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the steaks and the service and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back here again soon.
“1000% improvement fully redeemed , top marks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Phenomenal service experience , the back story is I went to cut early November 12 , had a terrible time, left a awful review .the manager of the Dorchester had the courtesy to call, we discussed my issues, as business consultant who transforms the customer experience to wow, I felt I was qualified to be blunt and honest, We talked and was offered the opportunity to go back as even the best can have a bad night.
So on the 1 st February 13 we went back, the service was outstanding from start to finish, all the staff were now knowledgeable , and were present , we were never neglected , the service team were well trained and as good as it gets, well done you have won me back, and I hope to have many a future night at cut.
The meal was excellent well prepared , quality meat and well cooked, well done to the guys in the kitchen we appreciate your skills. And thank you to 45 park lane and all the team to show me last time was just a bad night and to give another chance, as you exceeded my expectations ,
And if anyone wants a drink recommendation locked and loaded from the bar is a awesome way to start and finish a night

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your comments on your most recent dinner at CUT at 45 Park Lane; I am delighted to read how highly you valued your second visit here. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the food and the service and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team involved.
London, United Kingdom
“A GOOD restaurant but pricey ..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Comfortable dining room .. an excess of staff who all seemed to serve us. Warm cheese bites with aperitifs were a nice touch, and my first course of veal tongue was tasty. We opted for a 'sirloin' tasting dish each, and for me, the American sirloin was delicious. Chips were disappointing. Desert of lemon meringue was very good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent dinner at CUT at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your veal starter and steak main course and how highly you valued the service. I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
“Not worth it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I hadn't been to CUT before, and don't think I shall bother again.

This restaurant would not be sustainable in any location other than here where there are plenty of people happy to pay through the nose in the interests of being seen.

Aspects of the food were indeed very good [but a steak really should not be that difficult to execute well anyway]. But others not at all...and certainly not in line with the unbelievable prices they expect. This then combined with the staff constantly pushing / trying to up-sell you to their "signature dishes" a.k.a. the most expensive items on the menu is not called for. With a few exceptions the army of [cluttered] staff were generally pushy on sales and selling rather than actually service to their diners. There were so many of them in there it seemed odd that they couldn't get the balance right.

Admittedly the dining room is very smart and very well sound proofed against the motorway of Park Lane outside but the food just isn't good enough overall.

Mayfair and not much further afield offers so many excellent restaurants I think in future I'll keep strolling past this place as I had done up until last night.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
45ParkLane, Manager at CUT at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on your recent dinner at CUT at 45 Park Lane. I am very sorry to read that your visit did not live up to your expectations and I would like to discuss your comments with you further. Please can I kindly ask you to contact me directly at the hotel?