“Brilliant fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 1,022 Activities in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Treasure Trails are THE fun way to explore London! Follow the Trail, solve the clues and see the sights in one of over 30 great London locations. Suitable for families, groups and grown-ups to enjoy at their own pace; simply choose an area to discover, follow the directions and hunt for clues to solve the puzzle! Our popular routes around London include great views, famous landmarks, beautiful parks, quirky treasures and hidden corners.
Hertfordshire
“Brilliant fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I came across this website when looking for things to do in Hertfordshire. Took my Dad (66years old) and my daughter (8 ). We did the Hertford one which is local to me. I know the town so it probably helped and it took us about 3 hours altogether! Kept us amused on a drizzly day. I was so impressed I will be downloading another trail soon. My Dad was so impressed and it gets you out walking. Great thanks!

poole,dorset
9 attraction reviews
“The best way to take the kids for a walk on dartmoor with no moaning,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were exploring dartmoor and picked up the HayTor Hoppa. It w designed as a bus trip, but this only runs on Saturdays and we couldn't have afforded 6 bus fares or the 6hrs that would take. in the car we did the trip in around 3hrs and this included climbing Hay Tor ( which you wouldn't have time for on the bus trip). The clues were simple enough for the kids and they took turns in crossing off the possible suspects (ours was a Claudio style murder mystery). W all picked who we thought the murderer was and got very competitive as one by one we were knocked out. There were options to take longer routes which was good. We have now come home and found loads of these around our area (Dorset) too and will be using them whenever we have friends down, not a bad price either at £5

Romford
“Cable car mission from Treasure Trails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the Trail it added to the visit and gave us all things to look for rather than just going on the cable car and looking at the views. The children(aged 9 & 6) found it a little long and we all found a couple of clues tricky and had to use the text facility! I copied the clues and stuck them into notebooks so each could fill out the answers.We managed to solve the mission clues and thwart the Alien Invasion! Will look for other trails in the future.

Orpington, United Kingdom
“Westminster Treasure Trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We did this trail with two teenage grandsons and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it was raining again! Two or three clues were quite hard but it was good to have a bit more of a challenge and the boys refused to give up!. The Trail takes you through some picturesque parts of London with some well known landmarks and some quirky information on the way. A very good day out.

London
“The Missing Royal Wedding Ring Treasure Trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I decided to take two of my daughters out for a day in London and this seemed like a good idea so I downloaded the PDF, printed it off and we set out. We really enjoyed the experience although my 9 year old wasn't as interested in the 13 year old - so I suggest you think carefully about this if you are considering this activity (it also depends on your kids!).

The clues were on the whole easy to find although we did struggle with one or two, which is not a problem. I would recommend you take a phone with you as you may need to use one of your three texts. We found that when we had exasperated all our ideas towards the end, we had no choice but to get some help, although this was a while in coming (we had to wait nearly half-an-hour) for a response.

What really made the day memorable though was the amount of information I found out just by looking for the answers. It is quite amazing how much detail you don't notice from places you may have visited countless times (e.g) did you know that the gates around Buckingham Palace had Commonwealth countries engraved on them?

I really recommend this as a great afternoon out but be warned, it does take time and you will probably arrive home exhausted!