“Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

On Saturday 31st August, my family came over to London for my birthday and I decided to take them to my then favourite restaurant Amici.

I have been to Amici several times before and whilst the manager a permanently disgruntled, bad mannered dark haired guy was persistently rude, the food was nice so I kept going back.

Not today. We were a party of 10, including 4 children, 6 adults, all looking forward to a decent meal. It never came. The chicken and mushroom pasta was tasteless. Lasagne could have been brought from Iceland and the garlic bread felt like cardboard.

We sent back the pasta and the moody manager begrudgingly took it back to be remade. Tasted the same, no doubt with added spit. Long story short, the meal was hideous and I felt so bad that an evening that could have been so nice was ruined. Not sure whether there has been a change of chef but Amici you are now a big disappointment and I will never venture to you again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Good food and friendy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been using this friendly neighbourhood restaurant for many years. We are always warmly welcome as are all customers who come in. The service is relaxed and not rushed. We have never had a bad meal or dish here. It is reasonable priced and welcomes families

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great value, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant for many years - family celebrations, Arsenal match days, Saturday night meals out. OK this is not the West End but who cares. Sergio and his staff make everyone welcome - watch how many diners he greets as old friends. The pizzas, the pastas and the veal escalope are outstanding.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amici Restaurant, Holloway Road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had lunch at Amici's (the restaurant, not the coffee bar a few doors up) with a friend in early December 2012, and was very pleased. The £5.95 lunchtime special was surprisingly good. Had the price been £12.95 I would still have been pleased - this place is a bit of a bargain. Well presented, tasty fare, filling and served efficiently enough that we didn't need to worry about getting back to the office on time. I recommend the chicken breast in white wine sauce. My only gripe is that the decor is somewhat monotonous - get some artwork on the wall Mr Amici! Recommended.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Yum yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great home made Italian food served by friendly staff in a great atmosphere all for great prices. If you are looking for a local Italian near you go to Amici.

If you are really hungry order the calzone, it is the biggest one I have ever seen!!!

• Visited May 2012