“Stay away, terrible service even worse food!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pickles

Pickles
6 Old Queen Street | Westminster, London, England (Westminster)
020 7222 8749
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,497 of 17,039 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Near Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey on a little side street.
Essex, UK
“Stay away, terrible service even worse food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I very rarely complain about food, and I write reviews about places good and bad... But this place was so awful I just had to say something about it somewhere!

I went to Pickles with a few colleagues for breakfast when it was not particularly busy. There were about 5 members of staff but it took over half and hour to get served, and another 20 minutes to get the food. Then after half of us got our food they decided to tell us they had run out of sausages and bacon!!!

When we got our food, it was not very good at all either. I'm not expecting gourmet food, but how do you get a fry up so wrong especially if you're a cafe! Everything was well overcooked... And I got a cold weak coffee.

Avoid at all costs!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Godalming, United Kingdom
“A great alternative to a pub in London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My sister, her boyfriend and I discovered this sandwich shop on our way to the Churchill War Rooms. It was so nice to find an affordable and cozy place for lunch.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cochrane, Canada
“When in the Heart of London and Looking for a Sandwich, Come to Pickles!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

While wandering thru Westminster visiting all it has to offer, we stumbled upon this unobtrusive little sandwich shop. There are so many brand name cafes in the area and we had tried a few which were Ok but we thought this place might be a bit of a throw back to days of yore. Well we were right! It's a quaint place, nothing fancy but the sandwich selection is as wide as you can find in a sandwich shop. Bread is fresh! and the filling is heaped on. Service was quick and friendly. Funny how basic food served well can make your day. My fussy teen aged boys liked it as well. Just in case a bathroom break is part of your need to stop, they do have a public loo, it's downstairs...thet'll direct you to the stairs as they aren't readily noticeable. Anyway if we ever get back to Westminster we will go back to Pickles!!!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pickles? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pickles, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.