“Great little find in my own neighbourhood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roxie Steak - Earlsfield

Roxie Steak - Earlsfield
585 Garratt Lane | Earlsfield, London SW18 4ST, England (Formerly Fyre Steak & Wine Cafe)
0208 944 9602
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #433 of 18,003 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great little find in my own neighbourhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This restaurant really surprised me. I've walked past it several times but as I am not a big meat eater, I didn't think to try it as the main ingredient seems to be steak. However, as my other half is a steak aficionado, we went along for our anniversary and we were very glad we did!
The front of the restaurant gives nothing away, but once inside, the ambiance is great, welcoming, cosy, yet modern. We sat at a little table close to the bar and ordered the shrimp and lime starter to share, sea bass for me and steak and a boerewors sausage for my boyfriend. The sea bass came with quite possibly the creamiest, most buttery, divine, fluffy mashed potatoes I've ever encountered and the carnivore loved his steak! We shared a very reasonably priced bottle of Cabernet Carmenere and enjoyed the whole evening. Service, great. Food, great. Location - for me? Unbeatable!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

new york
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I eat at a different steak place in London every month with a group of friends and live very close to Fyre. The steak at Fyre isn't far off competing with some of the London based steakhouses yet prices are half to two thirds of what you would pay in some places. I walk home past the restaurant a lot and it's always heaving (even busy on Mondays and Tuesday)m which is a great sign. Decent service and nice atmosphere.

Great atmosphere and terrific value - go, you'll be surprised.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Local Juicy Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Considering its slightly obscure location, this place manages to be fully booked most of the week. The reason is simple - succulent juicy steaks cooked to perfection time and time again supported by an affordable and interesting wine list, mainly South African but, hey why not - it works a treat every time. Service is friendly and the place has a buzz. My favourite local steak house by a mile.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Excellent eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited Fyre in Earlsfield last night for my boyfriend's birthday, after booking a table based on a friend's visit and other great reviews - and we were not let down. Fyre was heaving so I was pleased to have booked a table during the week and a busy restaurant is always a great sign.

Whilst the menu is not extensive, the selection was fantastic and they clearly cook their dishes to perfection. We both enjoyed a regular ribeye steak with side orders and a dessert - awesome! The steak was medium rare, but a little too rare for me. However asking to have it put back on the grill was no problem.

A great atmosphere, wine selection and fantastic steak dishes with no pretense of posh city-type steakhouses. Such a good experience for a non eating steak girl like myself, I highly recommend Fyre to anyone who's in town. Definitely a must :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best steak ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

There is not much more to say than this was a great evening. The steak was fantastic, I had the ribeye which was very reasonably priced and came perfectly cooked (rare). There was a good wine selection with a broad price range, tailored to all. The service was excellent and the waitress staff were attentive all night and couldn't do enough for you. They do two sittings an evening and it was loud and busy, but I felt this added to the atmosphere and the evening. I would strongly recommend that anyone who likes good steak, good wine and a good evening, go here.