“Great business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad London St. James

Save Saved
You added Conrad London St. James to your Saves list
Conrad London St. James
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22-28 Broadway, London SW1H 0BH, England (Formerly InterContinental London Westminster) (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Discover Conrad
Ranked #33 of 1,074 hotels in London
Brooklyn, New York
“Great business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Last week I spent 6 days at the Intercontinental Westminster. I have had the opportunity to stay in several top hotels when traveling to London for business and this is by far my favorite. Here are some of my thoughts:
Pros:
-Directly across from the St. James tube stop. Quick access to anywhere,.
-Walking distance to all the top tourist spots
-State of the art rooms with flat screen tvs, bose speakers in the bathroom and a phenomonal shower.
-Lobby is beautiful
-The staff is courteous and helpful. I arrived early for check in and they gave me a complimentary drink as I waited. The small things make the difference.
-The hotel restaurant and bar are great
-Free Wifi

Cons:
The room service was a bit expensive for what it was, but that is to be expected.

Overall, I do not anticpate staying anwhere else in London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

939 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on Friday 17th May. It is very new and the rooms are lovely. From David who opened the taxi door to the barren the staff are very helpful and provide excellent service. We had dinner in the restaurant before going to a show and this was wonderful food. Breakfast was really good as well. When we go back to London we will go back- excellent location as well.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
brookings oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were greeted by very attentive staff that were cheerful and very accomodating. We were escorted to our room and shown how all electronics functioned. We'd like to give a special shout out to the concierge named Max. He gave us straight forward info on everything we asked of him and he could not have been more accomodating. The hotel is smack dab in the middle of major sites, i.e. Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Parliament, the Eye, River Thames cruises, etc. The underground trains called the Tube was literally right out the front door. Great take out is the Pret which is right around the corner and concentrates on whole fresh foods, salads, wraps, sandwiches and killer soups all at very inexpensive prices.
Room service was prompt and efficient as was maid service. We can't say enough about how polite and cheery every member of the staff was. Whoever runs this hotel gets a 5 star rating from us. Keep up the good work.
Room was spacious and sparkling clean as was the bathroom with seperate shower and bath. And the shower head! It was a huge rainstorm! There are speakers from the tv in the bath so you don't miss a thing. We will definitely stay here again. We stayed 8 days.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

From a great welcome, to great service, the hotel went beyond there means to make our stay as wonderful as they could, this was for my wife and I for our first anniversary and it did not disappoint. The hotel room was a nice size and very well presented, the bed was a super king size and was very comfortable, the room was very quiet and what you would expect from a top London hotel. I cannot thank the concierge Ryan for all of his effort in making mine and my wife's weekend a special one, he went the extra mile to make sure our stay was as memorable as possible and he did not dissapoint, thank you.

Heilbronn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm writing reviews not very often. I believe it is worth to write a review if...

Scenario a) the hotel facilities and the offered service was extraordinary good or scenario b) the hotel stay was a big disappointment.

In THIS case, my recent stay (May 2013) at the Intercontinental Westminster was an overall fantastic experience! And to be clear: My next stay in London (August 2013) will definitely be a return stay at this property.

I really enjoyed my time!

MINUS: Hard to find a minus. The only thing that caused a problem was the Bluetooth communication from my iPhone device to the audio-system in the hotel room. It didn’t work properly. But the engineer helped my with a docking station, so this issue was easily solved.

PLUS: The hotel interior is beautiful, modern and of high class. I loved the short distances within the hotel and the overall atmosphere. The high level of service offered by staff members was simply great!

Beginning at the entrance area: smiling faces, a warm welcome

Front desk: Friendly and competent, guidance to the hotel room, presentation of all in-room functions and facilities

Room (superior category): The room was not big, but instead very nice and of high quality. Wi-Fi-complimentary, quiet room, super-comfortable bed (my best sleep in London); nice bathroom, wonderful bathroom amenities (really loved the Molton Brown products)!

IC-Club: Good support (for example they quickly managed a reservation at the Four Seasons SPA), nice choice of food and beverages (all day) and the breakfast was delicious (fresh+tasty omelet)!

BIGGEST PLUS: Special thanks to Maxence (Concierge) for his assistance throughout my whole stay. Exceptional knowledge and skills, he was a big help. I felt like a VIP!

Conclusion: I've been in many 5 star hotels - all around the world. But this trip to the IC London Westminster was outstanding good. I found a new favorite spot in London!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed for one night at this hotel, st james park tube station is literally over the road...
was upgraded on arrival, staff are very polite and helpful we were personally taken to our room and amenities were outlined to us by the helpful receptionist.
Beds are comfortable, rooms are spacious, clean and nicely decorated with all the facilities you would expect from a 5* hotel

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor - no view from window
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I typically stay at this property's cross-town cousin, the InterContinental Park Lane (which is delightful), but just returned from a stay here and think I may have a new favorite. While in my opinion you can't go wrong with either, the Westminster property is brand-new with very high end fits and finishes and is a much more modern take on London luxury.

The property itself is stunningly beautiful, from the welcoming lobby to the warm, clubby restaurant and bar areas, and the room was among the highest-end I've experienced in a city property. Staff were A+ across-the-board, did a great job of anticipating needs. Food and beverage service was top-notch. I'm generally in hotels 60+ nights a year, and this was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in.

The Underground station across the street (literally, across the street) couldn't be more convenient and I'm so glad that I got to experience the beautiful St. James Park, along with a nearby open-air market, both within immediate walking distance of the hotel.

The opening team has managed to capture that right mix of style and luxury with attentive, warm service. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Conrad London St. James? Share your experiences!