“Nice but tiny room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad London St. James

You added Conrad London St. James to your Saves list
Conrad London St. James
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22-28 Broadway, London SW1H 0BH, England (Formerly InterContinental London Westminster) (Westminster)   |
Ranked #51 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Flushing, New York
“Nice but tiny room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed in this new hotel for 3 nights with free wifi and good service from check-in reception, concierge & etc but the only complaint is we were allocated a very small corner room with no view at all. Room 201 this twin room is real small with a big pillar inside that cause a limited walkway and very small bed, I accidently hit my knee against the wall causing my knee to be blue-black, upon check-out the receptionist asked for any comment on this hotel, I told her it was good except room too small and was told that I could upgrade it when ckeck-in. Anyway I told not told at all upon ckeck-in and well, there are many good 5* hotels at Westminster why must we pay extra to upgrade it is another question?

St James Park tube is just across the street and walking distance to most sight-seeing p;aces along Westminster is convenient for 1st time tourists to London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I could hardly fault this hotel for any reason. We had a junior suite which was spacious and luxurious especially for London standards. Brand new, only about 9 months old and everything seemed gleaming and unused.

The bathroom was fantastic - spacious and spotless and the rain shower was great.

The attention to detail is fantastic - from the Molton Brown amenities to the Nespresso coffee machines in the room and complimentary bottled water.

The club lounge is just amazing. One of the best I've ever experienced and such delicious food. Desserts are world class in the afternoons and breakfast cooked to order if you prefer.

There are only two faults I could note. Firstly there is no full length mirror in the room - I believe this should be standard in every hotel. Secondly, the hotel is not in an area designed for tourists - it's more a business orientated hotel. Not a major issue though as it is literally next to St James' park tube station.

Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed first week in May, normally stay at St Ermin's a minute away. Great service, well appointed, clean and comfortable rooms and a great restaurant and bar too. Stay was relaxing and of a very high standard, will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a romantic weekend in London and actually used some points so only had to pay for one night which was only £125! I wouldn't be surprised if people payed £350 a night to stay here as the hotel is great. Service, location and luxury it has it all. Rooms are pretty small but that is all London hotels. The rooms are ultra modern and the bed was amazing! Being bang opposite the St.James Park tube stop is very handy for getting everywhere in London and is actually 5 mins walk from Buckingham Palace and surrounding attractions. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Just what a business hotel should be like, good service without being unnecessarily fussy, nice bar and restaurant, decent size rooms with room to work (not huge but ok size for London). It's a newly opened property so maintenance standards are very high and everything seems fresh and modern. Would not hesitate to stay again if in need of a hotel in that part of town.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the InterContinental Westminster while on vacation in London. To say my stay was outstanding would be an understatement. I echo all others who have given the hotel five stars. From check in to departure the staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. The room was beautiful with an outstanding shower and bed. The location is obviously perfect for holiday as you are about three minutes walk from Parliament and Westminster Abbey. The Blue Boar is very pleasant for a drink and given that one is in London the prices aren't terribly punitive. But my highest praise is saved for the efforts the hotel made on my behalf AFTER I checked out. After I left the hotel I realized I had forgotten my passport in the room safe. I called the hotel and was told they had everything there and offered to courier it to me in Surrey. I should also add that they politely but thoroughly confirmed through questions that I was indeed the owner of the passport. I was able to send someone to collect my belongings and again the hotel diligently confirmed his identity and inventoried exactly what he was given. I am in the staffs debt as my own mistake could have created tremendous inconveniences for me. If I could give six stars I would!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were very impressed with the service right from the start as we walked in the door. Our bags were taken from us as soon as we stepped out of the cab. When we checked in, we were escorted to our room by the person that checked us in. We thought they were just bringing us to the elevator, but she stepped on the elevator and walked us to our room and offered to show us how everything worked. The location was perfect! We were 10 mihnutes from buckingham Palace and 5 minute from Westminster Abbey. We were only in London for a very short time but because of the location and service, we were able to accomplish everything we hoped to do and more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Conrad London St. James? Share your experiences!