“Excellent - quality property and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad London St. James

You added Conrad London St. James to your Saves list
Conrad London St. James
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22-28 Broadway, London SW1H 0BH, England (Formerly InterContinental London Westminster) (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save 30% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #37 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Hampshire
“Excellent - quality property and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I made a one night visit this hotel and can report that it is a high quality hotel in an excellent location for business and leisure travellers alike. It ticked all the boxes in terms of rooms, appearance, cleanliness, professional staff. I didnt have a chance to use the restaurant and other facilities but I will be doing so on my next visit to this hotel, which I look forward to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear MickHampshire

Many thanks for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that a number of elements including our team stood out during your visit.

I do hope it won't be too long before you have the opportunity to visit us once again.

Scot Turner, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Chesterfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked 2 classic rooms 2 days before our arrival on Saturday 27th April through secret escapes and got a great deal. I called ahead before our arrival to let the hotel know we would be arriving around 10am and that it was my wedding anniversary. We we were grateful that our rooms were ready when we arrived and the lady on reception was very polite and helpful and informed us that me and my friends room had been upgraded to a king classic. We were not dissapointed.....the room was lovely and everything was to high spec standard. Large bathroom separate toilet and shower. In the bedroom was a large extremely comfortable bed. The room had everything you could need or ask for. Great coffee machine and fridge full of goodies (for an extra charge). Nice to have fresh milk and not uht like you get in most hotels though it still didn't smell too fresh though. The hotel is in a fab location next to Scotland Yard and opposite he tube station and 5 mins walk to westminster abbey. We ate in the hotel restaurant on saturday evening, i didnt think it was great but just ok. The next time I'm in London I will be staying here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear amazinggrace55

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay in London, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed the comforts of your room whilst relaxing on your anniversary.

It is fantastic that you have said you will stay with us on your next trip to London and I look forward to welcoming you when this occasion arises.

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I arrived at around 8:40pm and after a slightly slow check-in (the receptionist did not have a good command of English), I found my room (on the top floor), which represented an upgrade from what I had reserved. The room was not enormous but was well designed and had a large bathroom. The highlight of the hotel, however, was the Club Lounge, which I entered just before 9pm. There was still a good selection of cold canapes on display and the staff offered me some "hot canapes", which turned out to be a fish pie and some vegetables - a small meal in itself. Although they officially stop serving food at 9pm, the staff asked whether I had eaten enough before they started to put the food away, which showed a certain commitment to customer service, which I have not always observed in other hotels. I also had an excellent breakfast the next morning in the lounge. The hotel is located opposite the entrance to St James' Park station, which is good unless there is engineering work as there was when I checked out. A most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hampshire-resident

Many thanks for the review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in particular Club InterContinental.

As you point out, our location adjacent to St James Park tube is ideal for commuting around London however with Mayfair a 10 minute walk away a stroll through the stunning Royal Parks are much more scenic.

I do hope we can welcome you once again.

Rutland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great setting by St James Park (in fact opposite the tube) and New Scotland Yard. Had booked on a free night voucher so only got a basic room but this was well equipped and comfortable, if a bit small.
Was kept waiting for my room. Arrived at 2.40pm and was told rather bluntly that check in was 3pm. I went back at 3.15 and it still wasn't ready , I was offered a complimentary drink but having sat and watched a dozen or more people checking in whilst waiting I couldn't help but feel this was because I was on an unpaid night (not withstanding the fact I stay at IHG hotel dozens of time a year).
As others have said this hotel has nowhere near the 5* feel of the Park Lane IC or the Waldorf but would recommend if a good rate was available , on location alone.

Dear Sean09

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay in Westminster and my sincere apologies if you weren't able to check in on arrival as your room was not ready, please be assured this had nothing to do with the fact that you were on a complimentary basis, all our guests are equally important no matter what the reason for their stay. I am sure the other guests checking in were in different room types to yourself however I understand how frustrating this must be.

I do hope we can welcome you to Westminster again in the future.

malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We enjoy the entire staying as overall perfect. The staffs are friendly and helpful. We feel warm when we saw their smile face and they are prepared the assist us as and when we need.
I stayed in studio suite, the in room amenities are luxury such as molton brown toiletteries and great Choice of beverage in minibar.
The breakfast in club lounge is great and the environment is good. We like the cozy ambiance with quiet place.
Overall good and I would happily to introduce the hotel to my friends

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear echo_csy

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay in Westminster and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and felt it was 'perfect'.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay once again in the near future and look forward to welcoming you.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

A very unimpressive exterior, small pokey reception and indifferent staff did not create a good first impression. However, once I had been shown to my room, my views changed. I was only in an Executive room but I was more than happy. Superb bed, bathroom - enormous shower, great TV and plenty of hanging space. The attached Blue Boar bar was interesting but wine prices a bit steep. What was a huge disappointment was the gym. Well you could not call it a gym, more a small room with 5 pieces of equipment. It is better not to have one than try and advertise a facility which does not exist.
The location is great, particularly if you are a tourist. Right next to St James Park tube; walking distance to Buck Palace and Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey; and the shopping in Victoria St

Room Tip: Go for a Club room to take advantage of the free lounge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NapierAssociates

Thank you for the review of your most recent visit to Westminster and although you didn't like the exterior of the building I am pleased to see that you liked your room including our bathrooms. I am disappointed you did not feel the gym met your expectations, we are constantly looking at improving our product and hope to add additional equipment in the near future.

I do hope that future improvements in the gym will mean you choose to stay with us again in the future. When the opportunity to visit London arises please do contact me directly and I can make you aware of any additional gym equipment added since your previous visit.

With Kind Regards

Cheddar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed on Tuesday 16th April 2013 on business arriving in the early hours of the morning by taxi. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Westminster and is opposite an Underground station. The standard of the hotel is in keeping with the Intercontinental brand and is in good condition being open only a few months. The desk staff were pleasant and helpful, the key card did not cut properly on first try but reception did return to the room with me to ensure the second attempt worked.

The room itself was impressively decorated with quality tasteful interior and fittings mainly cream and black. The bed lined was comfortable with numerous cushions and choice of pillow. There is a large mirror with integrated television, desk, power curtains, Nespresso coffee machine, minibar, wardrobes, iron and board, umbrella, shoeshine, etc. The bathroom was spacious with quality lotions, bath, separate rain shower cubicle and toilet cubicle. Everything felt right, in place and of good standard as you would expect from this class of hotel. Expectations are high so disappointments were a lack of instructions for the coffee machine, general room information (for instance I never found the switch for the curtains!) and lack of any receptacle to fill the iron. Generally all very good though.

The breakfast in the morning was well presented with tasty, quality ingredients and fine tea.

The cost of this hotel will be the clincher for most people, stay at a good rate and you will not be disappointed. I would definitely stay here again for the right price! Although out of choice the Intercontinental Park Lane does have the edge!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Jeremy N

Thank you for the excellent review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed the room and breakfast. Thank you for the comments regarding the bedroom, as a new hotel we did not want to put a guest directory in the room too early with information that could change however by next week the rooms will have a point of information for our guests.

I do hope we can welcome you to Westminster again in the near future.

With Best Wishes

Scot Turner, Hotel Manager

Been to Conrad London St. James? Share your experiences!