“Friendly, Excellent Italian in the West End” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Watford, United Kingdom
“Friendly, Excellent Italian in the West End”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a superb find!! Seven of us ladies went into London to do some shopping and we ended up at Bar Remo after stumbling across it from Oxford Street shopping. The food and service were excellent and after having starters, mains, 4 bottles of white wine, 2 bottles of red and some vodkas, the bill came to just £30 per head. Amazing - would recommend to every type of person. We were lucky to be put downstairs and we had our own private bar area. Fantastic!

• Polish first
Cookham, United Kingdom
“Love this Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've eaten twice here in the space of a month and have had a great experience both times. The food is fantastic, the prices reasonable, the service excellent and the atmosphere great. Will be back soon for sure.

London, United Kingdom
“Awsome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My hubby and I have been searching for some authentic Italian food since we visited Rome back in 2008 unfortunately the places did we visited fell a little short. I decided to search trip advisor and found this little gem.

Situated just off of Regent Street this restaurant offers a warm relaxing atmosphere and very courteous, polite and attentive staff.

We ordered one starter between us which was the deep fried mozzarella balls in a spicy tomato sauce with rocket (Bocconcini fritti) followed by Saltimbocca Alla Romana & Fusili Provinciale.
We can honestly say this was the best food we've tried outside of Rome, everything was cooked to perfection and very fresh tasting. Even more surprising was the bill with 4 drinks and sur charge it came to less than £60 needless to say we will be visiting again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
“Another perfect meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been a customer of Bar Remo for more years than I like to admit. Bar Remo has evolved from a lunch time place to eat good food to a great place to dine with friends . In summer the doors are opened and one can enjoy eating outside on a quiet road as no through traffic.Down stairs has been revamped and is quieter than the ground floor.
All the food is fresh and they source it through the best wholesalers. The menu is Italian and delicious served up by highly trained friendly staff who recognise everyone on their second visit.For the West End of London just behind Oxford Circus the food is good value for money. I have introduced so many people who are enjoying being greeted on arrival by Elsa or her son Marco who always try to offer a suitable table... A great place to eat which opens all day and evening

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
preston
“Excellent authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

A warm welcome is offered at this atmospheric small Italian place just off the bustle of Oxford Circus tube station. Plenty of people in on a Tuesday evening but I didn't feel rushed- service was attentive but not intrusive. I had chicken livers followed by whole sea bass off the specials menu. Fish was perfectly cooked- rosemary as a herb inside was a good touch- the quality of the fish spoke for itself, no need for fancy sauces here. I was undecided over wine to accompany this course so I was offered samples of two Italian whites to try, not sure if I could work my way through the wine list this way but a great bit of service. Bill with 2 glasses of wine was £35, reasonable enough for what I had. The 12.5% service charge was well earned which isn't always the case in London. I'll definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bar Remo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bar Remo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.