“Save yourselves and stay away from this place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Inn

You added Dolphin Inn to your Saves list
Dolphin Inn
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   44 Norfolk Square | Paddington, London W2 1RT, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #336 of 650 Specialty Lodging in London
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Save yourselves and stay away from this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Great location .....but it would be better if I had stayed somewhere alse . I spend there 5 horrible days I really regret my choise . I know its a hostel I wasn't expecting much but there are limits. They gave me a room upstairs ( those stairs were really narrow I was about to fall ) the walls were so thin that I could here people talking from the room next to mine .There were people who maintain that were very noisy in the morning and extremely rude when I complane to them . They were just shouting and yelling to watch other on the backyard of the building were my room was . I will never come back to this hostel ...ever .

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is the worst establishment I have ever stayed at. The bed covers were soiled (brown, yellow, and red splotches - the full spectrum). But this pales in comparison with how soiled the attitude of the manager was. We paid for two beds, recieved only one, and were forced to spend the night in horrible dicomfort. Upon complaining in the morning, the manager's response was not a refund of any sort, a discount for the mistake or anything of that sort. He said you can leave if you want, that it's not his problem, and in the ensuing 45 minute argument, he at one point used the analogy of shooting us. The fact that this man somehow got one of those certified hotel certificates makes me doubt the "British standard". Additionally, it was rather curious how his entire staff were young, scared-looking, and rather incompitent women. Going in, we did not expect any luxuries (we're young students travelling on a very low budget and we've thoroughly enjoyed the UK and all the other hostels and hotels we've been too), but the discourtious manor in which we were treated outshown any dirty room, cramped space, bad location, and incompetently staffed hostel we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

The couple in the check-in counter was INCREDIBLY RUDE! They didn't care about the guests at all. Their only mission was to ruin our vacation.
The toilets were in a horrible condition and didn't work properly.
I would recommend other travellers to stay as far from this hostel as possible.

I guess that just about sums it up.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

This place was the hostel from hell.... it was a complete dump.

I have stayed in hostels before & have not had any problems. This place was appalling. Like I said above - the toliets did not flush for 4 days straight. You would go into the bathroom & see other peoples mess in the toliet.... it remained there for 3-4 days. Staff never appeared to clean or check the toliets / bathrooms. Considering the fact that the shower was in that room also, it raises health issues - you have to go into a stinking room to have your shower.

The place in general was a dump - there was debris all over all hallways - it seemed to be a fire hazzard waiting to happen.

Staff were flat out rude & just did not appear to care about guests at all.

I understand this is a hostel & not a 5 star hotel, but there are basic cleanliness standards that they simply missed. We paid in advance for a weekly booking & left after 4 days.
I only wish we weren't too sick & exhausted to request a refund.

Dont stay here. You will regret it.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!