“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #256 of 542 London B&B and Inns
Somerset
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here for one night, the location is great for Victoria and the surrounding areas and the price was good, however, the walls / floors are not well sound proofed and there was continual talking from the room above. Bathroom door did not fit properly and the plug sockets were hanging out of the wall.
Breakfast was good and the staff pleasant.
Average experience and will not be returning in a hurry.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel perfectly fulfilled our needs for 3 days sightseeing in the capital. It's location is extremely close to Victoria station around 5 minutes walk and around 10 minutes walk to Buckingham Palace. We didn't pay a premium London price and we didn't get a premium London hotel, the rooms are very small but comfortable and the bathroom modern. The breakfast is a self serve style with juice, cereal, pastries, toast and yogurts which was perfect for us to line our stomachs for days out.
The hotel let itself down with little points that could be easily rectified, tea/coffee facilities should have been fully replenished daily rather than just bits added. The bathroom had the main light out so shaving/applying make up was nearly impossible with so little light, it was very easy for a cleaner or manager to see the light was out. Our first interaction with reception was to be told the room wasn't ready, which was fair as we were 30 mins early but the manner we were spoken too would have made you think we tried to check in at 9am! My last gripe is the wifi, it barely worked which didn't overly affect us as we were on a relaxing trip but if people needed it for business they would have been frustrated.
Overall I feel I got what I paid for, I've paid less in cities and had better and certainly paid more and had worse!

• Stayed February 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Good little hotel for business stays. Room and bathroom both refurbished. Breakfast was plain and simple (cereals, toast and drinks) but that's all I wanted and the breakfast room was light and airy. Location is great - only 5 mins walk from Victoria station yet in a quiet Belgravia street, with a good wine bar opposite the hotel and a gastropub (Thomas Cubitt) immediately round the corner. Only drawback I noticed was the very intermittent wifi signal. I would stay again - which is more than can be said for a lot of other places in London in this price range.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jersey-CI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were in and out of London through Victoria Station so we needed a close hotel to dump the bags (in) and leave the bags (out). We had 40 minutes to get back from Royal Albert Hall, collect our bags and get the train.

This was the ticket; it's five minutes from the west exit of the station. The hotel is off the main roads so, even though we had a roadside room, there was little disturbance during the night.

24 hr reception inside the door meant good security (I've seen others allowing access to stairs without going via the desk).

Staff were freindly and quick, yet efficient.

The room was small (for a club room) with little storage but we didn't have to unpack and left our bath stuff in our bath stuff bags. Tea and coffee in the room, although limited to one tea bag each. Bed was a basic double and very (too) soft. Wi-fi signal kept falling off. Clean room, though, and good shower.

Breakfast was a little sparse; cereals, two choices of pastries or bread (the croissants had run out at 9.30) and ham & cheese and, if it wasn't included, I would have eaten elsewhere.

Basically, if you want a half decent hotel, you're going to have to pay over the odds. This wasn't a bad price and served our needs well - just wouldn't want to stay there for too long.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Room 012 seems to be under some sort of staff room. The room is extremely noise. The location of the hotel is excellent, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is not too bad for its price, but the rooms, in spite of being sort of refurbished are pretty dreadful.

Room Tip: never stay in room 012
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I will write this review based on three points.

1) Room
The room is small. However, if you have visited London in the past, you would understand why. Space is highly valuable. Thus, if you want space, you will have to pay the big bucks in some other hotel. This is PERFECT for those that only need a bed, tv, shower/restroom and a great location since it really close to the Victoria Station.

2) Breakfast
Hot coffee, fruit, cereal, toast, yogurt, ham and cheese. Everything was good and served its purpose. It helped me avoid looking for a place in the morning before doing the rest of the planned activities. Do not expect more by paying less. If you want a majestic breakfast, you can go stay at the Ritz, if you can afford a night.

3) Customer Service
This is a 4 star customer service, not a 4 star hotel. Hopefully that doesn't sound bad because it is not bad, at all. Ramona and her staff were very helpful and caring.

Pros
- Location
- Practical for B&B

Cons (not really for me but it may be for some)
- Toilet is a bit tall. I do consider myself average (5' 9") and it was the very first time my feet were left hanging in the toiler.
- I saw a pair of hairs in the bed once I entered the room but definitely NO bed bugs during all stay. I did not notify of this to management because I didn't care. However, I'm sure the would have done something, if requested.

Kudos!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Park Avenue Belgravia? Share your experiences!