“Pasta fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #195 of 1,022 Activities in London
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Leiths school of Food and Wine is a leading London Cookery School. Established over 35 years ago Leiths teaches a whole range of courses. From the professional 1 year Diploma, for those looking for a career in food, to fun informal cookery classes. Short classes range from one day, Saturday, evening, one week, and two week classes covering a whole range of topics from Thai, Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Japanese cookery to skills based classes covering bread, pastry, knife skills, fish cookery, carving and roasting, vegetarian cookery and gluten free cookery. The classes are held in professionally equipped kitchens and all the ingredients are weighed out and supplied. Everything you cook can be taken home and we do the washing up! Come to Leiths and learn a skill for life.
Molndal, Sweden
5 attraction reviews
“Pasta fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been a keen cook for 40 years. Had a pasta machine for 25. I have been satisfied with my pasta, but not getting there. During this course I learned what is not in the recipe. Which is the right consistency and running the dough thorough the machine on the widest setting. When I tried it out after coming home I heard the pasta "pop" for the first time. What I had learned made all the difference. Instead of pasta making being a bit of a hassle it became really enjoyable.

The course was amazing and absolutely professional. Two teachers and two assistants for a group of 13 participants. The hands-on supervision and the assistance in clearing up meant that the time was really used for intensive learning.

I will be coming back for a five day course

Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful knife skills course!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I can not express how wonderful this course was. It has totally changed the way I work in the kitchen. I'm definitely much faster with my preparation. We were even advised on how to decide what knives to buy and how to maintain these.
The staff were extremely professional and organised. I would definitely do another class there in the future

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“a very enjoyable day and I learnt so much”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

the staff were professionable and made the whole experience enjoyable. I learn lots of extra skills as well as being able to cook a three.course meal.it was great to sit down at the end with a glass of wine and eat the wonderful food I had cooked.

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Intermediate Key Skills courses are excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you dread entering the kitchen, fear not! The extremely knowledgeble staff at Leith's will show you the way with patience, clarity and a little dash of fun. The courses are designed to make the learning experience as easy as possible and will allow you to gain new skills quickly and efficiently.

You'll make new friends and no doubt be practising recipes on each other long after you have left the school. The courses are superbly organised and are to be highly recommended.

Enjoy !

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Saturday Morning Chocolate Pudding Workshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had a voucher as a Birthday present and went to a Saturday morning Chocolate Pudding Workshop (15th Dec 012) its the first time I have been to anything like this and it was fantastic! Max Clark and Jess her assistant were excellent teachers, very helpful and informative.
I would definitely recommend this school and this course, Leiths is a professional place so I would expect other workshops to be just as good.

Visited December 2012