“Rejected a confirmed booking” 2 of 5 stars

+44 20 8741 4328
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Potli-An Indian Market Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #263 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Using home-grown spices and fresh ingredients, Potli brings Indian market-style cuisine to London. Serving a huge selection of griddled starters and curries cooked in traditional clay pots, the menu features a fantastic array of tastes and aromas. Already included in the much coveted Tatler's Restaurant Guide 2013 & Michelin Guide, Potli brings the best of Indian bazaar spices from the whole of India to Hammersmith & Chiswick districts of London. Potli offers you fantastic value for money. Along with an extensive wine list, authentic Indian-spiced cocktails are popular choices. Non-alcoholic varieties are also available, as well as fresh churned yogurt drink called lassis.
London
“Rejected a confirmed booking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014 NEW

I booked online through OpenTable at 7:15pm for a table at 8:00 and got a confirmation email. I was pleased because I've been before, liked it and I thought they might have been full. But I got a reservation email confirming it.

On arrival they said they couldn't accept the reservation request until an hour later.
They said they had left me a voicemail.

Open Table does not make "reservation requests" it makes confirmed reservations.

The restaurant had simply double booked.

When I got home I checked their website and found out that they have a different online reservation system there (bookingwire). Maybe they have trouble keeping the two synchronised?

Anyway, had there been an apology about their error I wouldn't be writing this review. But there wasn't: it was just "we can't accept your request", making it seem like they had not made a mistake and the Open Table booking was not a reservation.

They had left me a voicemail with the same message, but I had not heard it before we got to the restaurant.

London
“Wish it was closer to home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

After much hunting for an authentic Indian restaurant (being of Indian heritage), I was blown away by this gem hidden away in Chiswick! I booked it for a birthday dinner, and we were treated like royalty for a table of 12. There was nothing to fault at all - the food was spectacular and felt like you could be at any good restaurant anywhere in India, the service was impeccable, and the value for money was spot on.

If you crave real Indian food - something I've rarely found in London ever - and not the Bangladeshi sad excuse for 'Indian', where I look at the menu & recognise nothing at all to do with Indian food, I cannot recommend Potli highly enough.

The menu is varied from all over the subcontinent, and nothing we ordered was less than superb, but if there was one thing that I had to choose, the chilli paneer is to die for!

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“The benchmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

It was very busy, while the (numerous) other Indians along King street were less so. Fairly simple, it's the best by some margin in my experience.
The food really is excellent, old favourites are there, but it's worth checking some of the less familiar dished like Lamb coconut fry. Quite unusual, nice and spicy and a great wingman to the Jhalfrezi.

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“First visit of many”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

Went for a family lunch with various generations and the food was brilliant! Catered to all our tastes, innovative drink selection and well presented.
Starters and mains were both high quality and they went the extra mile for service.
Everyone is already planning the next trip to sample more of the menu!

“Still outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2014

It's 18 months since our last visit, and this time, rather than booking we dropped in pretty late on the off chance of getting a meal - and they made us very welcome.

Food was again excellent - the spice palette may not be familiar to most English tastes, but accurately reflects many dishes I've eaten in India. Dishes are marked by the freshness of taste, too, and the extensive use of fresh Indian herbs.

I was particularly impressed by the venison chosen by my son, and the Lamb Hara Masala I had myself.

Everything is good about the place, EXCEPT I still don't like the imposed service charge

• Visited November 2014