“Lovely when it's not busy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe 1001

Cafe 1001
Brick Lane, London E1 6QL, England (Spitalfields)
+44 20 7247 6166
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,117 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, Barbecue, Bakeries
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: Cafe 1001 is a coffee shop & DJ bar located on Dray Walk, off Brick Lane. We host a selection of international DJs & live musicians every day.
Dorset
“Lovely when it's not busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Being located just off Brick Lane, Cafe 1001 can be quite a different place at weekends but most of the time it's somewhere lovely to chill with friends or just curl up with a drink &lay your head on an oversized pillow. Hint: try and visit on a weekday evening.. that's not in the holidays!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

One of the place where you can relaxe drink a coffe or eat an hamburger in bricklane! Especially on sunday morning or lunch

Visited October 2013
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Brick Lane with out the curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I like the open food style they have! Lots of big salads and barbecue at the entrance. Heavy rain always seems to leave a huge puddle at the entrance and the doorman smirked and laughed as the resident drug dealer Platinum tried to sell me drugs and offer me a great deal on "some tabs" After managing to get through the puddle and past the nonchalant doorman and turn down Platinums great deal. I managed to get a fantastic burger. Anyone who knows burgers would indeed call this a "Dirty Burger" Not the football stadium type. But not far off! Managed to get a seat beside some hippies drinking there own cans of beer and listened and watched the crowd as we chatted. After having enough of guys smoking pot and second hand smokes we checked out the bar just over. Which had salsa music and a really good crowd. Fun times with fun people. Check it out.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Gross toilets!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went here with my girlfriend for a coffee and cake on a Sunday afternoon. The coffee and cake was ok but nothing to write home about.
Maybe I'm getting a little old (30) but I think the music was too loud which meant we really couldn't have a conversation. This didn't seem to be a problem for the majority of people here, the hipster crowd, who come here to use their laptops (probably writing their blogs about living in the east end) and taking photographs of other people using their laptops (?).
Obviously this place was not to my liking, however I had an hilarious exchange with the waitress. I went into to the men's toilets and was immediately hit with the odour of S***. I poked my head into the cubicles to find BOTH toilets were backed up and covered with toilet paper and filth. Fortunately I only had to use the urinal so I did my business and left. I thought I'd do the right thing and mention it to the waitress cleaning up the glasses. The music was loud and she was not a native english speaker however the exchange went like this:
Me: "Hi, just letting you know that the men's toilets are very dirty."
Waitress: "Yes, they're just over there."
Me: "No, the toilets are filthy"
Waitress: "Yes I know".
Me: "The toilets are disgusting. They smell like S***."

Waitress: "Yes, it's cool".

So apparently S*** is cool now.

So if you love loud music, posing and disgusting toilets, go to Cafe 1001. I'll be avoiding it.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great Place to spend after scourging on curry. Lively and full of people. Can get a little overcrowded at weekends but really love it.

Visited October 2013