“Top notch Japanese eating” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London
“Top notch Japanese eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

First impressions - small but very friendly place. The menu was unpretentious but loads of choice.

Ordered asparagus sushi, a salad, tofu in miso sauce and teriyaki mushrooms - all were delicious. It was a lot of food, but I was very hungry. Including a beer - and 12.5% service charge - the bill came to £21.60. This seemed reasonable considering how much I had eaten and my visitor's knowledge of London prices.

Would definitely eat there again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
London
“Fantastic value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Eat Tokyo was my pleasant surprise. Actually I visited the new Greek restaurant MAZI at HiillGate Street and I saw Eat Tokyo next door. A small sushi place with scores of people going in and out all the time. I stopped some people and I asked them what they think about the food and they were over the moon, so I decided to give it a go next time. When I went there it was impossible to get a table so I made sure I had booked one before my next visit.
Well what can I say, everything I ordered was delicious, I really enjoyed the food and my friend had a bento box together with more sushi. The salmon tataki is probably their best speciality but sushi is so much a matter of taste. Highly recommended and very cheap.

Visited February 2013
“The best sushi place in LDN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends were searching for tons of authentic Japanese Resturant. This place have 5 branches which is very convenient. The portions will make you satisfied compared with other Japanese restaurants we've tried with little portions. The price is average which suits the portion. So far, this is the only Japanese Resturant I fancy to go when I'm craving.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Not as good as b4”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I use to come in here weekly , but have had few problems.
I live round corner and get on wiv the manager pretty well.
I usually order sashimi special .
This time I just ordered fatty tuna 3 pieces. Ordered via telephone Saturday night , quoted 30mins wait? A bit long just 4 3 slices ?? Collected , prices have gone up and quality has in my opinion gone down. The actual slicing of fish was chewy and still had some sinew on. The size was average. £11.50 for 3 pieces .
This evening I also had some other sashimi from atayari by bond st. And the difference in quality n value was big . Maybe half the price n no compassion with quality.
I have also find that it's dirty n not very clean and very loud and uncomfortable when eating inside. The menus are a mess and filthy, the tv is annoying, staff are friendly but I really don't enjoy this place anymore .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“It's all good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times, haven't been let down yet. Just a tip, do make a reservation if you intend to have dinner.