“Joe is the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 612 activities in London
Type: Walking tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We take great pride in showcasing the creative side of London with our amazing walking tours. Discover the History, Street Art and Community through the streets of the Capital. Come join the adventure and explore.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Joe is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked a 7 hour tour of Westminster and the City with Joe on Christmas Eve. Not only was he willing to do the tour, he may have been the highlight of our entire trip to London and Paris. For seven hours, his humor and enthusiasm for London, the tour and us never waned. It was kind of like meeting up to hang out with an old friend all day, but he happened to know a ton about London and its history. I could not recommend London Detours and Joe more highly. Our only regret after the full day was not being able to work another tour with Joe into the rest of our schedule.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We went back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the tour of Southwark so much we scheduled to visit Greenwich with Joe later in the week. It was like visiting with a former school chum in his home town who provided us with historical context layered with the facts of life for those who grew up here. We discovered surprises around each street corner; many curious,others touching --all inspiring. It was a great way to connect with these districts. We shared food and fun with others (in this case Londoners) on the tour. Can't wait to go back...

Visited December 2012
NY
34 attraction reviews
“An Amazing Day With Joe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I took the Street Art tour with Joe on November 28th. It was such a great experience. The street art in London is legendary, and Joe is extremely knowledgeable about all of the artists. When I asked about artists whose work I had seen in other countries, he knew exactly where to go to see the work they had done in London. The whole experience was such a pleasure.

Visited November 2012
Meade, Kansas
“Wonderful alternative to regular guided tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We loved this tour with Joe. We were able to see places in London that you would never have an opportunity to see on from a bus. Joe LOVES London and you can tell it from his enthusiasm and knowledge of the City. The one on one opportunity to see and ask questions was invaluable. We were so excited about this walk that we booked two during the week we were there. It is a great opportunity to see a different side of London.

Visited October 2012
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I can only echo what every other reviewer has said, Joe is the most enthusiastic, fun and friendly tour guide that I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Although there were only three of us (including Joe) and all of us total strangers, I had an absolutely fantastic time and felt like I was out with friends. We talked and laughed and learnt so much in 4hrs, and to be honest I could have carried on, such is the interest and enthusiasm that Joe radiates.

I would whole-heatedly recommend this tour to anyone and will be definitely coming back for more.

Visited November 2012