“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge Hotel Putney

You added The Lodge Hotel Putney to your Saves list
The Lodge Hotel Putney
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52-54 Upper Richmond Rd | Putney, London SW15 2RN, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Special Price
Super Save
Ranked #414 of 1,066 Hotels in London
York
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Really nice hotel in a good quiet location. Limited parking available free of charge. Nice decor and really clean. Just a short walk to East Putney tube and some great restaurants and shops nearby. There is complimentary wifi, a bar and there is a computer available to guests.

Room Tip: Free parking and short walk to East Putney tube.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Within easy walking distance of Putney East Tube station, it's a strange looking hotel with what seems to be a modern facade joining two large houses together. The staff were efficient, to the point and not British, and the room was very comfortable although "smallish", with just a view to the staff quarters! The room was extremely clean. Free WiFi but the air conditioning seemed sparse at times. Eating in is a challenge with a restricted menu but the surrounding area abounds with eating and drinking houses. It's London after all and space is at a premium. A "good buy" for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My name is Alex J .I was a guest for almost three weeks last March at this hotel ,The rooms are clean and look nice,the bedroom was compact but comfortable . Good location, close to Train station and shops. I enjoyed the décor and ambiance . Plenty of choice for breakfast.The staff was friendly and helpful specially a lady named Martha, also Daniel and Carlos the bartender, he was very professional. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a nice place to stay in London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I'll start with the good:
1. The room is clean and looks nice
2. The staff is friendly

That being said, the stay was HORRIBLE:
1. You can't stand in the shower as the ceiling over the shower is about 1.5m high (I stayed in room 55A)
2. There was no water pressure so I couldn't make a decent bath
3. The room key is not a card so you have to cary their custom key
4. There is not safe in the room which is pretty standard for 200$+ hotels
5. The room is VERY noisy the windows are not double glazed and you are right next to a busy street so you hear the traffic all night and day
6. The bed is extremely small (about 70cm width)
7. The location is a few minutes away from a tube but it's pretty far and isolated from any points of interest, it will take you about 20 minutes in the tube to get to center of london.
If you look at the city map you get for free - it's not even within its scope
8. Phone is not near the bed
9. I asked for a wake up call at a certain day and time (in writing, so there should be no confusing).
They didn't make the wake up call (luckily I didn't count only on them) and they mistakenly did it on the next day, calling to wake me up at 6:30 AM when it's not needed - now go back to 8, the phone is not near the bed... :/
10. Wireless doesn't work, don't count on it
11. There is no elevator so you have to climb all the way for the third floor
12. There is not air condition

Bottom line - do yourself a favor and stay away from this one

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked a room at the hotel in order to attend my Sister's wedding. My sister, and husband to be live next door. I booked the room online, about 6 weeks in advance, on one of their "special deals". About a week after I had booked it became clear that I had mistaken the date by two days, so I rang the hotel and tried to change the date. I was told that this was not possible, and that the money could not be refunded. I complained, and was told that the manager would ring me back. I waited two days, then rang again, and again was told that I would be contacted. Two days later, I sent my brother in law round from next door. He was told that the problem had been sorted out, and that I was booked in for the new date. On arriving at the hotel, three hours before the wedding, I was told that I was not booked in, but that they could do me a room, for which I would have to pay, as they had charged me for not appearing two days earlier. I declined. The manager was kind enough to let me use the lavatories before I left. My brother in law went round to complain two days after the wedding. He was told that the manager would ring him back. Sound familiar? Still waiting ...

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Weymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Several of us stayed here for a family wedding. Good location close to tube station and shops/bars.The staff were very friendly and helpful. Car parking readily available, We enjoyed the décor and ambiance, our bedroom was compact but comfortable. Plenty of choice for breakfast.

Room Tip: You have to go up and down stairs to the ground floor but rooms at back look out on to garden and ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed in the lodge last week on busines and the room and service was excellent value for money.
Nice quiet location accessible for the tube(East Putney) and by car with plenty of free parking.

Bar meal was good and as I said service and staff friendliness was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Lodge Hotel Putney? Share your experiences!