“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection

You added Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8AY, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Switzerland
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We had a great stay in this hotel. It's located in the business-district known as The City, so relatively quiet on weekends but still easily accessible via bus/subway/cabs. The rooms have excellent amenities as you would expect from a 5-star hotel. We did not take breakfast, so cannot comment on this but generally very satisfied with our stay. We initillay checked-in in room 14 on the mezzanine level but since the nearby street was a bit noisy, we asked if we could change. The staff first showed us another room in the same category but we were not sure about it, they even offered some earplugs if we decided to stay in our current room. Then 15 minutes later, they called us back and offered to move us to a very quiet suite room, at no extra cost, We were very pleased with this gesture and our overall stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tappo, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 21, 2010
So good to read that you had a good stay. We hope to see you back again in the near future. Please contact me when you return and I will ensure that your booking is taken care of. Breakfast in Bonds (Our Restaurant) is fantastic and we hope that you get to experience it on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

My wife and I usually stay at the Chesterfield in Mayfair but after reading the glowing reports on Tripadvisor, we decided to give Threadneedles Hotel a try. We booked for three nights and on arrival I have to admit were very pleased with our choice as the hotel was beautiful. Initially, the staff were friendly and we were pleased with the close proximity to Vertigo 42. Our problems began when on arriving back at 2:30pm on the second day to find that the rooms had not been serviced. At 4:00pm a note were pushed under the door saying they had tried to service the room and were unable to do so. We were instructed to contact the front desk if we would like our room servicing. We did, but and when we returned from a night out, we found the room only adequately serviced. No toilet roll had been replaced, water had not been left and the sink was unclean. There were also very few TV channels as all of the Sky channels were not working. I tried to so ignore the short comings and chose to try and enjoy the rest of the stay.
It was the next day when we arrived back at 4:30pm from sightseeing to once again find the room not serviced and that we had run out of toilet paper that I really became dissatisfied with this hotel. We once again had to arrange our own servicing. This servicing, again, was very poor. Only one glass and one bottle of water was replaced. The TV was still not working so I called the front desk to be told that there was a problem (I knew this as I was the one calling them about it!) and that it would not be rectified until after the weekend.
I did make my concerns known about the service we received and was given an apology and a promise they would investigate our complaints. I may be wrong, but in my opinion you pay extra for the right service. From other reviews this hotel seems to have been very good at doing ‘that little bit extra’ but in our case this was not so. We definitely will not be returning. I guess that will be the Chesterfield's gain!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tappo, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the disappointing experience you had in the hotel. Not acceptable in any way at all. I would like to assure you that all matters raised are being dealt with to ensure that this kind of service is never repeated.

I have been in touch with you seperately and hope that we can have you stay again to experience Threadneedles at its best!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We had Room 14 which was large and comfortable. The hotel is inviting and welcoming. The staff were terrific. We had breakfast included and it was marvelous, the chef makes his own granola and it was delicious. I am not normally a granola or cereal fan but it was soooo good. Also we order Chicken Caesar in our room and it was the best I have had. Julian the manager, introduced himself and was most helpful with anything we needed. The restauant staff looked either tired or unhappy but were still very pleasant to deal with. The area is in the financail district but it was close to everything we wanted to do this time around in London, so when the business day was over the area was very quiet and after busy days in London sightseeing we appreciated the quiet. The tv in the huge bathroom was a nice touch when soaking in the tub. The products were lovely and the shower was great too. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and we are happy that you had a good stay.

Apologies for the Staff in the Restaurant looking tired and un happy - thank you for your comments regarding this as all guest feedback is very important to us. We will be looking into our customer service skills in this area.

Please do come and stay again and I will gladly take care of any future bookings for you.
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just come back from a 3 night stay in this hotel. The staff are extremely polite and very attentive - when we checked in, all of the staff said hello to us and made us feel welcome. We didn't use many of their services as we were out and about most of the time. The building is lovely and in a very interesting part of London, not far from Liverpool Street station.
The room itself was extremely clean and had lovely products in the bathroom - huge bath and good shower. They have a turndown service too and they bring 2 large bottles of water each night with an ice bucket.
My only criticism of the hotel is that the walls may not be quite thick enough as there was a businessman staying in the room next to ours and we could hear him on the phone making conference calls. The walls do appear to be quite thin! Luckily he wasn't there for the whole of our stay or else we may have requested a change of room. Other than that, I could not fault our stay at Threadneedles and would go back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review of your stay and the hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back one day. Please do contact me directly at that time and I will ensure that we take care of your booking.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

There are some great aspects of this hotel but a few issues that if resolved would make it a brilliant hotel. The hotel is located in a beautiful and historic old bank building and both the common areas and the rooms live up to the photos on the hotel website. The hotel goes the extra mile regarding cleverness and added amenities, including magazines (Time Out London; In Style) and books in the room, popcorn delivery if watching an in-room movie, etc. The beautiful bathroom has a television, bath salts and other interesting products. Unlike a lot of high-style rooms, there is a lot of space and everything feels warm and friendly.

The hotel is located in The City section of London. I knew going in the area would be deserted on the weekend but was ok with it given that I was spending most of my time outside of London. If that's not a problem for you then this hotel is well worth the money. However, be aware that restaurants and shops in the area are closed on Sunday, with the nearest open places being a short walk to St. Paul's, and the pace and service at the hotel are a lot slower on Sunday. There were a few other service problems and some attitude issues, but I found that it depended on who I was dealing with. Sometimes the service was spectacular, and sometimes a lot less so. On another note, I could on occasion hear the couple next door through the locked door between the rooms.

I would recommend this hotel as long as the area is not a problem for you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest review.

We are happy to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and also thank you for letting us know where you think we need to work on.

Customer service skills and attention to detail is certainly on the agenda. Our sincere apologies for the poor attitude you experienced from our staff. This is not what we are about at Threadneedles. I assure you that we are discussing your comments with our teams to ensure that this does not happen again.

I hope that you will return one day and ask you to contact me at that time to personally take care of your stay.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Everyhting you expect for this sort of hotel - excellent room, facilities, communal areas, restaurant, staff etc. We booked a special weekend package and had our bed and bathroom decorated with rose petals which was a nice touch.

We stayed in room 15 which was perfect with the exception of the airconditioning being a little under-powered, but it had been 30 degrees outside!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tappo, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 24, 2010
Thank you for your review - we are always happy when our guest's have a good time with us. We hope that you will come back to Threadneedles in the near future. Please let me know when you would like to return and I will personally take care of you reservation.
leics
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

A friend and I spent a girly night in London and I chose this hotel thanks to the reviews here on Tripadvisor. Threadneedles hotel is a true masterpiece of design and elegance, none of your typical overpriced over opulant 5 star London box rooms. Our room was extremely spacious and fitted with magnificently understated beauty and elegance. In addition to the hotel itself the staff are of the highest standard, being almost invisible until you need something, which they manage to acomplish so professionally and without any fuss but always with a smile. Room service was also amazing, every detail being absolutly perfect. I will be returning with my husband and friends very very soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Tappo, Deputy GM at Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
So happy to read that you had a great stay and your review will only encourage us to do even better. It is our aim to ensure that all our guests leave Threadneedles feeling re - energised and relaxed. I hope that you will be back again very soon and look forward to taking care of any future reservations for you.

Been to Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!