We had a great stay in this hotel. It's located in the business-district known as The City, so relatively quiet on weekends but still easily accessible via bus/subway/cabs. The rooms have excellent amenities as you would expect from a 5-star hotel. We did not take breakfast, so cannot comment on this but generally very satisfied with our stay. We initillay checked-in in room 14 on the mezzanine level but since the nearby street was a bit noisy, we asked if we could change. The staff first showed us another room in the same category but we were not sure about it, they even offered some earplugs if we decided to stay in our current room. Then 15 minutes later, they called us back and offered to move us to a very quiet suite room, at no extra cost, We were very pleased with this gesture and our overall stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott Rewards members can earn and redeem Marriott rewards points at this hotel - part of the Autograph collection. Threadneedles, a 5 star boutique hotel in the heart of the City of London. Relax in the hotel's eclectic mix of old and new design; from the striking stained glass dome above the lobby, dating back to 1856, to contemporary styling in the 74 bedrooms and modern British dining in Bonds Restaurant & Bar. Find warmth in the walnut walls and grandeur in the cool marble floors of this Victorian banking hall, cleverly converted into a five star boutique hotel. Within easy reach are popular landmarks such as St Paul's Cathedral, The Barbican, Shakespeare's Globe and the Tower of London. The West End and Theatreland are only 3 tube stops away. For those who like to stray from the beaten tracks, the savvy guest can also explore The City's lesser-known gems such as chic Spitalfields market, foodie Borough market, The Monument to the Great Fire of London and The Charles Dickens Museum. For weekend visitors, Shoreditch or Borough Market provide some of London's trendiest restaurants and bars just a 5 minute taxi ride away. The hotel is just a 20-minute car ride from London's City Airport, 3 minutes walk from Bank underground station and 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Street mainline station, with connections to Stansted Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Threadneedles Hotel London
- Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection London, England