“Friday night stay for the theatre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Threadneedles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Threadneedles Hotel to your Saves list
Threadneedles Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Threadneedles Street, London EC2R 8AY, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #127 of 1,075 hotels in London
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Friday night stay for the theatre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Turned up on Friday night rather than catch the last train home after the theatre. The staff were lovely and couldn't be more welcoming. The glass of Prosecco upon arrival was a nice touch. The room was beautiful and well appointed. Love The City at the weekend - so quiet. Great decision. Hope to be back in the not too distant future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelHewson, Manager at Threadneedles Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Adam L

We’re delighted that you were able to stay at Threadneedles after a pleasant evening at the theatre – we hope you enjoyed the performance.

Your comments about our hotel are appreciated and we looking forward to have the opportunity to spoil you both once again, in the very near future

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the Threadneedles hotel for I night and used my Marriott Reward points for the stay. As I am a Platinum member I got a complimentary upgrade to a suite, which was fantastic. The quality of the rooms are much higher that a normal Marriott, getting very close to Four Seasons quality.

When I arrived the staff were very welcoming and friendly, quickly checked me in and escorted me to my room on the 5th floor. The room was quiet, no road noise, however there was a clock close buy that chimed every 15 mins late into the night which might effect you if you were are a light sleeper.

Breakfast was good in the restaurant, mainly business folk having breakfast and breakfast meetings.

I would recommend this Marriott Autograph boutique hotel for the reasons above. I felt I was treated well as a Platinum member with a complimentary upgrade, complimentary Wifi, complimentary bottled water and complimentary breakfast. It’s right in the financial district near Bank underground, which suited myself but may not be ideal for people that want to be close to the main tourist attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear WarringtonTravellers

Your review of your recent stay at Threadneedles is most kind, and we are delighted that your experience at the Hotel was an enjoyable one.

The City of London provides many hidden secrets, not usually found in other areas and we hope that you may get to see some more of them on future visits.

We’re pleased to have recently become an Autograph Collection hotel and we hope to welcome you back to Threadneedles in the very near future.

CAMBRIDGE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night . Beautiful entrance . We got a free upgrade . Beautiful hotel . I agree with the previous review that physically taking £100 is odd . Pre auth should suffice . Room was big and nicely decorated .

• Stayed May 2013
Dear prada72

Thank you for your recent review following your visit to Threadneedles.

We’re delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and that the team were able to provide upgraded accommodation to enhance your experience.

Since your stay, we have reviewed our deposit processes and thank you for the comments in this regards.

We hope to see you at Threadneedles once again, in the near future.

Luxembourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel quite a few times over the years, and have always been happy with everything about it. It was never cheap but it is in the heart of the City of London. I recently had a two night stay however and was very disappointed. Front desk was sloppy and slow, breakfast was a pale shadow of its past excellence, I think the room was acceptably clean but the low energy lighting produced so little light that it was hard to tell, and the air conditioning/thermostat were so noisy and ineffective that sleep was a real challenge even though the bed was comfortable. Certainly not worth the nearly GBP 300 a night I had to pay. Marriot have just taken it over - I hope that is the solution and not the problem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Christopher K

Thank you for your review of Threadneedles. It is disappointing to learn that on your most recent stay, your experience was not as enjoyable as usual.
Rest assured that the lack of sufficient lighting and air conditioning in you particular bedroom is being addressed and we look forward to demonstrating this on a future stay at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in restoring your faith accordingly

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Have stayed at this great hotel now 3 times and I have never been disappointed. This experience is made even better now that they are officially part of Marriott's Autograph Collection. So now, I can reap the rewards of collecting Marriott points!

The rooms are extremely comfortable and quiet. The beds are really comfortable with very nice sheets. The service is top notch and all of the staff are very helpful and remember you and your name throughout your stay. The room service food is excellent, with some good choices. it is extremely quick too, usually delivered within 15-20 minutes.

A few minor issues that I had, but I'm sure they were isolated: my room was extremely hot so I had to switch rooms, the plunger on my sink didn't work, so I had standing water in my sink and the window in the bathroom was rattling all night, but again, i think all very isolated issues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear rosone13

Thank you for your recent review on Threadneedles and we’re delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was regrettable to learn of the heating and bathroom defects in your bedroom and please rest assured that we have implemented retraining and addition maintenance checks to ensure such situations do not recur.

We hope to welcome you back to Threadneedles in the near future

North Yorkshire, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Dear Andreas

I would like to provide some feedback for you following my stay (2 rooms for the 26/7 April)

We were very much looking forward to the 2 nights at your hotel with big expectations from the way the hotel is described on your website.

5* hotels to me brings expectations of a lattention to detail and special touches that make the whole experience a good one.

So on arrival first impressions good. A very nice lobby area and welcome drink. Then to the rooms. What a let down.

- dirty surfaces
- dusty surfaces
- extremely tatty and marked furniture
- dirty marks on the valance around the base of the beds
- watermarked shower doors and tiles

The list goes on but I think you get the picture. I reported all of this to steffano and took him to one of the rooms and showed pictures of the other. We left the hotel to enjoy out first night in London. To my complete disappointment when I returned nothing in the rooms had changed the marks the dirt ... This was only sorted on the 2nd day!

I could go on but in summary I am extremely disappointed at the general lack of attention to cleanliness within the hotel.

I have also attached a picture of a very poor example of an omelette at breakfast - not a 5* example again that I would expect.

I hope that my feedback will encourage you to perhaps take a look around the hotel from a paying guests perspective and ensure the relevant departments in your hotel are all doing what they should be.

• Stayed March 2013
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The only plus of this hotel was the location to the metro station and general proximity to where I need to be (Mermaid Theater), as well as the central part of London. The only bright spot was the room which was spacious and bed was very comfy :). The minuses however were I had to wait for over 2 hours for my room, the breakfast somehow turnout out to be extremely expensive, as well as the hotel authorized my credit card for a sum of money for additional expenses, and still has not canceled the authorization. Which I had to call them about. Seems a bit ridiculous... keeping a deposit when you are already charging someone 300 pounds a night. Bottom line I should have gone for the Apex Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Threadneedles Hotel? Share your experiences!