Rated with five stars, this hotel delivers the perks of a five star hotel with out having an overwhelming number of staff members for every function. I am talking about the lack of Valet or no doorman or other superfluous things that I can do without. I got the service and comfort I wanted and expected of such rating. I did not require to be walked to my room, or perhaps be greeted with a beverage but everything else was there. Thats why I know that whomever runs that property comes from a five star mainstream training. I got a beautifully appointed room, elegant, clean and fully fitted with all the amenities one expects from the top hotels. Classical Music playing greets you as you explore the room, you will find oversized bathroom toiletries, large bath towels, bathrobes and slippers, umbrella and full minibar, free internet and ipod docking, large bath tub and separate shower, fresh free sparkling water and news papers, very affordable parking, I even got complementary late checkout. All that at an entry level room, I have paid more at a budget hotel thats why it was so impressive. While the location is not ideal if you are going for tourism, It is well worth the extra five minutes travel time to the best attractions. I fully recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott Rewards members can earn and redeem Marriott rewards points at this hotel - part of the Autograph collection. Threadneedles, a 5 star boutique hotel in the heart of the City of London. Relax in the hotel's eclectic mix of old and new design; from the striking stained glass dome above the lobby, dating back to 1856, to contemporary styling in the 74 bedrooms and modern British dining in Bonds Restaurant & Bar. Find warmth in the walnut walls and grandeur in the cool marble floors of this Victorian banking hall, cleverly converted into a five star boutique hotel. Within easy reach are popular landmarks such as St Paul's Cathedral, The Barbican, Shakespeare's Globe and the Tower of London. The West End and Theatreland are only 3 tube stops away. For those who like to stray from the beaten tracks, the savvy guest can also explore The City's lesser-known gems such as chic Spitalfields market, foodie Borough market, The Monument to the Great Fire of London and The Charles Dickens Museum. For weekend visitors, Shoreditch or Borough Market provide some of London's trendiest restaurants and bars just a 5 minute taxi ride away. The hotel is just a 20-minute car ride from London's City Airport, 3 minutes walk from Bank underground station and 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Street mainline station, with connections to Stansted Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Marriott, Otel, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Threadneedles Hotel London
- Threadneedles Hotel, Autograph Collection London, England