The hotel itself was clean modern and quite well presented. The staff on check in were polite and helpful. The room was quite small, but again clean and well presented. The location is good, less than 1 minute from the tube station.
The main problems started at breakfast ..... we stayed the night of 31 December, so as with most guests we were up quite late in to the night, so were surprised breakfast was still only available until 10am the next morning when we had a midday checkout. We arrived in the breakfast area about 9.30am and were greeted with something like Charing Cross station at rush hour. People everywhere, and spare seats/tables nowhere to be seen.
The next problem was food, there wasnt any ! We went to the hot food cabinet and all that was left were sauages, the duty manager rushed passed saying one moment please as he headed in to the kitchen, and returned with more sausages ! Brilliant ! Eventually some beans and egg (that im sure had never ever seen a chicken) arrived. It wasnt just the hot food counter, there were no croissants/pastries available, the hot drink machine had no milk, the juice machine was serving water with a hint of orange, the list is endless. There were also no trays available, which meant even when you had eventually found somewhere to eat, you couldnt put your dirties anywhere as the rack required you to have a tray.
By extending breakfast by say an hour just this one day a year im sure the problem could be halved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your journey to London is for business or pleasure, Express by Holiday Inn London Wimbledon South is the ideal base.A modern hotel conversion with 83 air-conditioned, non smoking, stylish, modern bedrooms all with TV, tea/coffee making facilities, power shower. Situated opposite Colliers Wood underground station on the Northern Line, journeys to Waterloo are only 20 minutes away and to Leicester Square 30 minutes. For guests travelling from Heathrow or Gatwick by car, the A3 link to the M25 makes the journey from the Airport 40 minutes. The hotel has a secured underground car park, the charge per night is 7.00Our hotel bar is open seven days a week. We offer takeaway services from the local restaurants and you can dine within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South England