I expected a lot from this hotel since it was recently renovated and the comments here where good. The entrance of the hotel was good, all new and everything looks nice. Frendly staff and an ambiance as you can expect from HIEX.
The location is ok; a bit far from the center but when you walk out of the hotel you can immediatly enter the underground. With underground maybe 20 - 30 minutes to the hart of london.
The rooms are also good although you can see that furniture is reused. No problem since it has alle been reworked and looks ok. The bath room was somewhat a disapointment. The toilet in my room was a recycled one and when you looked into it it seemed that the previous flush had not worked properly ;)
Also the shower was not good. The room to shower is very small and the soap dispenser is at the same area as where you stand, so you bump into it very frequently. Also the water pressure was way to low and the shower could not be set in a possition. Only one position could be used in all other positions gravity took over.
The breakfast, I know don't expect to much, was also not very good but when I am in for example Belgium or Germany in HIEX the breakfast are always with enough choice. Here it was not good and the warm buffet, please again microwave quality. Not good.
So on average the hotel is ok but consider taking breakfast outside. I gues the toilet will be ok in other rooms but the shower area is an irritation.
I am not sure if I will stay here next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your journey to London is for business or pleasure, Express by Holiday Inn London Wimbledon South is the ideal base.A modern hotel conversion with 83 air-conditioned, non smoking, stylish, modern bedrooms all with TV, tea/coffee making facilities, power shower. Situated opposite Colliers Wood underground station on the Northern Line, journeys to Waterloo are only 20 minutes away and to Leicester Square 30 minutes. For guests travelling from Heathrow or Gatwick by car, the A3 link to the M25 makes the journey from the Airport 40 minutes. The hotel has a secured underground car park, the charge per night is 7.00Our hotel bar is open seven days a week. We offer takeaway services from the local restaurants and you can dine within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South England