“Great location very clean b/fast expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #426 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great location very clean b/fast expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here for one night on a wee trip to london with my husband it was fit for purpose and really comfortable probably upper market compared to other holidays inns we have stayed in. Very clean and tidy , we only ate breakfast in the hotel pre-book it or ure charged £16.95 per head . Location wise it's nice and central if u don't mind a short walk, 15 min to Euston station and 10 min to regent street great Portland tube is just around the corner. Staff we did meet we're lovely , bar not yo expensive for london, £4.50 for a glass of prosecco :)would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Miriam M, GMs Office. at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Skmclaren,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel team friendly. Our hotel location is often praised for being so central, we are glad you were able to benefit from this also.
We hope to welcome you back in the future, there will be a glass of prosecco waiting for you :)
Miriam, GMs Office.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and this was our third visit. We were upgraded to an Executive Room, as I am an IHG Rewards Club member, which had just been refurbished. As usual with a Holiday Inn it came with iron and ironing board, tea and coffee tray, mini bar and safe. Yes the bathroom is on the small side but has everything that you could need and I'm not looking to spend any more time in the bathroom than I have to when there is so much more to do in London. The important thing is that both the bedroom and bathroom were clean. I asked for a room in a quiet area and that is what we got. Breakfast as usual is good with food constantly being replenished, we ate out on both nights. One night at Villandry and the second night at Demartino which are just a short walk away on Great Portland Street, both were very good, had a great atmosphere and I would recommend either of these restaurants.
What makes the stay at this hotel are the friendly and helpful staff who go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one, in particular I would like to mention Anil Umrit, Front of House Manager, who was most welcoming and hospitable. If you are not a member of the IHG Rewards Club I recommend that you join, it's free and you will gain lots of extras.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This hotel's location is good since it is located in down town so we can go to many interesting places in relatively short time.
The nearest Underground Train Station is only 10 minutes walk where we can go almost anywhere around London from there.
If you like walking you can visit Buckingham Palace in less than half an hour.
There are a lot of many kind of restaurants around the hotel so we can chose what to have for dinner.
The staff are very friendly and helpful especially when you are having breakfast in the morning. My favourite food for my breakfast is self made pancake with mapple syrup on it ...yummy

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Tavadi R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel's location and were able to make the most of your stay with us. We do have an underground station 2 minutes away, Great Portland street, which is very helpful. Customer care is our primary objective so we are glad you found our hotel team friendly.
We hope to welcome you back in the future, the pancake machine is waiting for you :)

Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have returned here for another week and have to say things have improved.
The staff have been really friendly and much more attentive at breakfast, so thanks for that. The quality of the food is better, I always eat the same meal in the evening (Caeser salad with Salmon)(sad I know) last time here it was just cold fish spread across the salad, this time it has been a freshly cooked fillet served hot, much better. Also the free Wi Fi for priority club members is much faster.

The bed was very comfortable with clean linen every few days, the shower worked fine this time as well, so all in all better.

There was one thing I noted this time (and last) and that is the housekeeping standard in the common areas such as staircases, last time there was a paperclip of the stairs leading from the restaurant to the bedrooms for the whole week, this week it was a used plaster (yuck) so it indicates that these areas are not being cleaned as they should be. I am coming back in the next 4 weeks so hopefully this issue will have been sorted by then.

Room Tip: Get a room on Great Titchfield Street as they are the quiet ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Miriam M, GMs Office. at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Chris P,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our hotel, and for your feedback which is very important to us. We are happy that you found our hotel team friendly and enjoyed your evening meal, we will inform our chef 'Stewart' he will be pleased.
Your comments on cleanliness in the common areas have been noted, we are going to look into this further as cleanliness is so important to us and what you experienced should never be the case, please accept our apologies and be assured we will investigate immediately.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and will make sure the issues that you mentioned are resolved.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

As long as there's decent internet service and things are clean, I'm usually happy. Unfortunately, this hotel aggravated both of my pet peeves--cleanliness (I have asthma/allergies, so mold is a problem) and internet service.

I have to have internet access for work, so always check it is available before making a reservation. It has been a couple of years since I bothered to check the cost because it has been years since decent hotels charged a fortune for it. That is not a mistake I will make again... Internet at this hotel costs 16 pounds (!!!) per day. In my experience, it is a bad sign when internet access is expensive because it means that the hotel is old-fashioned and that things might not work so well. Sure enough...

Mold was a major problem. I have never seen so much outside of a camping ground. This is not an exaggeration; it was really shocking. There were clear signs of major black mold in the corners of the room and all over the bathroom ceiling. I'm not in poor health, but my eyes swelled nearly closed and it took nearly a week to get back to normal. I let a staff member know about the problem and she took a look and agreed it was a problem. At check-out, I told the receptionists that I was shocked at the problem. The hotel maintenance guy later contacted me to say there was no mold. I was a painter at one point in my life and I feel confident that there was and that it was very bad. I suspect that as a single traveler, I was given a bad room. So I suggest asking for at least a double.

Other things that were not a problem for me, but that might be for others were that the heating did not work in the room and there was only one working power outlet. The room was very outdated.

On the plus side, the hotel is in a great area, very close to the underground. The staff at reception gave me free internet access when I mimed a heart attack! I have to say that they all did an excellent job at dealing with frustrated customers (there were many!) and were incredibly cheerful. They seemed a little embarrassed about the conditions at the hotel and were willing to go the extra mile to make everyone's stay comfortable.

Room Tip: There are apparently renovated rooms somewhere in the hotel. I assume these and double rooms would...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bzz77,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very concerned about your experience with us, this is not something we are often fed-back. Please can contact me personally at the hotel to discuss this? I would really like the chance to restore some of your faith into us.

Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Simon Stevens - duty manager - went above and beyond the call of duty when our car got broken in to. The staff were super efficient, polite, professional and couldnt do enough for us. Thank you.

Great location for exploring the city, with everything within an easy walk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear jd76Midlands,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our hotel. We sympathise with you that your car got broken into whilst using a near by car-park, this could not have been pleasant, however, we are pleased that our Chief engineer 'Simon' was able to assist you as best he could, and we have notified him of your kind words. We hope you had a pleasant stay apart from that and are glad you enjoyed our central location.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Miriam, GMs Office.
liverpool uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on a business/leisure trip and agree with a couple of reviews in that it is overpriced for the facilities but its location goes a long way in making partly up for this. Some brief observation/comments:
* Bathroom was incredibly small (even by London standards) although room not a bad size
* Wi Fi really expensive (although i think if you are a rewards member it maybe free?)
* Do not use the mini bar a can of Pepsi is £2.00 as an example
* Its more than a 10 Minute walk from Euston its more like a 20 Minute walk away,the hotel says 10 minutes (unless you are a marathon runner!)
* If you don't want to use the tube (we had a tube strike when we visited ) a bus stop is 2 minutes away in Great Portland Street (the 88 and 453 take you to Piccadilly circus in 10-15mins)
* Oxford Street is only a short 10 minute walk as is Regents Park (London zoo is about 20-25 mins walk)
* The area has some good places to eat we went to Pizza Express and found it more than acceptable
* lots of shops to buy drinks food (Sainsbury's and Tesco 'locals' within 2-3 mins walk of Hotel)

So not a bad hotel and we had a very noisy occupant on our first night and it was sorted very quickly and we found the staff very friendly ,but still overpriced (we only had room only) we felt at £420 for 3 nights but we needed something near to Euston due to the Tube Strike etc

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear paulmaureenandmolly,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. It is lovely to read you liked our location. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park? Share your experiences!