“decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #436 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed for one night in a twin room...was clean and tidy but room very small and despite it being cold outside room was extremely hot and stuffy. Our room was an exec twin but it was tiny compared to other London Hol Inn's I use. Didnt eat at the hotel so cant comment on food. Close to tube and restuarants dotted around the area looked good but area felt very quiet for a weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, December 12, 2012

I'm really pleased that you found our location to be so handy for getting around the City So many other guests have commented on this so far this year and we are proving to be a great base for any London trip.

We want you to feel nice and cosy, especially as it has suddenly got so cold outside in the last week or so. Simon and his engineers have been working really hard over the past few months to prepare the heating system for this Winter cold spell and its certainly paid off. We realise that being so warm and cosy isn't to every ones taste, so all the room air conditioning system have been left active so you vary the temperature to suit you.

Kelly and her Team work really hard to keep the Hotel looking great and I notice that you gave us a great score for cleanliness. I will be sure to pass on your comments and I know that they will be really pleased to hear this.

Maybe next time you will get chance to eat with us and take advantage of our amazing pancake machine and great breakfast selection.

Until then, take care and have a great Christmas

Simon & the Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We bought this hotel through Expedia, secret Hotels.. I worked out the Location, and narrowed it down by price and Amenities, and when I worked out the hotel, I booked it.. only to find it was a completely different hotel that wasn't even in the options, It wasn't in the Location with hardly any of the amenities described...then it dawned on me that I did secret Hotel with Expedia in Paris earlier this year, and that ended up being a Holiday Inn.. i'm thinking secret partnership!
Anyway! Really disppointed with this hotel, Location Ok, but not brilliant! the Bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen, and the bath was not full length,
The hair dryer was intermittent, and the chair my partner sat on, had a screw spiking up through the upholstery..ripping her trousers and drawing blood.
it is clean, but at 9am the maid decided to let herself into our room while we still in bed..
The room itself was so small, so not very nice... I assume that the four stars are purely for the amount of rooms it has, and not for the quality..the bed was horrendous, and noise from other rooms constant.. it felt at best a glorified YMCA, and that is being generous.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear magoo29272,

I am really sorry to hear that you were so disappointed by the Hotel and by the booking agent. I think it is important to point out that the Expedia are associated with many hotel companies and the secret Hotels is not in any way exclusive to Holiday Inn.

I appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness but also take on board all of the other feedback. I was very concerned to read that you had encountered issues with the staff and the rooms and naturally have been working with my Team to understand more. However, I could not find any complaint or report made to us during your stay?

Please be assured that we take all of your feedback very seriously and with that in mind, please feel free to contact either myself or Edward, my Hotel Manager ,directly at the Hotel.

Kind regards

Stowmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

In London over the weekend with friends & stayed here due it's great location. Tube station, Great Portland Street, is less than 2 minutes walk away and being on the Circle Line means that most places of interest are literally within easy reach.

Rooms are clean and tidy, bed comfortable. Only criticism would be that the rooms are on the small side. We were in an Executive room.

Another bonus is the breakfast. £13 each is a little expensive but food was hot and very tasty.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kellyjjj,

I am really sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience and that you were disturbed by other travellers in the Hotel.

I would like to learn more about how you were disturbed and also if we had the opportunity to do anything when it was reported to us. Please feel free to contact either Myself or Edward, my Hotel Manager and we would be happy to listen.

Speak to you soon

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Whether my stay was ruined by being surrounded by noisy disrespectful guests I don't know?? Surely their rooms were the same as mine...people would walk down corridors on a Sunday morning chatting at 7.30 wheeling their cases. All heard. The door has a gap under it. The toilet doors are fire doors, if the person next to me shut the door it would have been better but they left it to slam...overall I'm tired and grumpy and need to go home to bed! Had a great night out in London for my 30th birthday but hotel ruined my shopping trip the Sunday as I just went home to peace! I have a better lie in at home with two children than this noisy hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Kellyjjj,

Speak to you soon

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great Holiday Inn. Upon arrival we were greated by Dana who was extremely friendly and helpful. We were also extremely happy that we had been upgraded to an executive suite free of charge. In terms of the room, it was spotless, provided good tea making facilities and even had a variety of magazines, a dressing gown and slippers which we thought was a very nice touch. The bar staff were also very friendly and even changed the tv channel in the bar area for us as we didn't want to watch the news. Nothing seemed like too much bother for the staff and they were all so friendly. In terms of location the hotel was great as it was just near Great Portland Street Station. We had a great stay and will definitely be recommending the hotel to others. Thank you for a wonderful stay and keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, December 14, 2012

What a great review! It certainly sounds like we did all the right things to make your City visit a success.

I am always really pleased to hear such positive things about the Team and how they were able to help you and make you feel welcome.

I know I speak on behalf of all the Team to wish you a Merry Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest Winter wishes

The Hague, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Everything in this place is cheap, except the price.

GBP 150 per night, excluding breakfast, excluding wifi. Need to buy vouchers for breakfast like in a youth hostel. Sound concrete decor. Complete rip-off.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Robbert B,

I am really disappointed to read that you feel so negatively about our Hotel. We have a variety of rates available, some that include breakfast and some that don't. My Front Office team offer the breakfast vouchers to anyone who has booked on a "Room only" basis at a discounted rate to add a little more value to their stay. It's a shame that you think this has cheapens your experience, as we have received loads of great comments about the vouchers since implementing the scheme.

We are constantly reviewing our rates to ensure that we are in line with our surrounding area and our neighbouring Hotel partners. To learn more about this policy, you can visit our website and look at our "best flex rate" for more details.

Regards

Lutterworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Was very surprised with this hotel 15minute walk to Oxford street also in walking distance to theatres etc Faults for us was that the mattress was extremely hard but that is only what we are used too. Bathroom very small could do with updating.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Ali0763,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It sounds like you had a great stay and I am sure that the Team will be really pleased to read your review, as I know they are all avid followers of Tripadvisor here at Regent's Park.

As you could tell from the rest of the Hotel, we have been busy ploughing investment into the building over the last 24 months. The bedrooms are our very next focus and I look forward to confirming our plans with travellers in early 2013. I appreciate your feedback about the bathroom and will be sure to pass this on.

Have a great Christmas!

Simon & the Team

Been to Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park? Share your experiences!