“Good location rooms average” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #432 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Good location rooms average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

A bit like a 1970's soviet hotel with youth hostel overtones in a great location. Expensive for what it is and a pretty average breakfast. Wouldn't be my first choice in this price bracket. Suggest trying the Bloomsbury one instead if you really want a holiday inn

• Stayed November 2012
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
I'm really disappointed that we didn't quite hit the mark for you in terms of of your expectations this time docrad74.

On a positive note, I am really glad that you found the location so convenient I'm still happy that you feel that you can recommend the brand and our sister Hotel at Bloomsbury.

We are continuously investing in the property as we have been over the last 2 years or so and we value your feedback.

Hopefully we will see you again soon

Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

we only stayed the 1 night but were very pleased with the hotel! our rooms were ready for us when we arrived at 11.am the staff were helpful friendly & polite. we appreciated breakfast was served until 11.am & we didnt have to check out until 12. Brilliant would definitely recommend & stay here again. good location too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hi ja_smith53

What great comments. Thank you!

A smooth check in followed by a great breakfast at your leisure is just what we want you to experience. We look forward to having the chance to do it all again soon.

Our warmest wishes

Simon & the Team
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I have never complained on here and will always leave comments if a hotel deserves it but this hotel has left me very disappointed with Holiday Inn. I Stayed here last minute and as a businesswoman that always stays in a Holiday Inn I was very disappointed with my room.
First of all reception forgot to tell me I needed to enter the key to get to my room- got off at 1st floor wondering if the lift wasn't working to be greeted by the bar and a staff member who chuckled when she explained!
My room was small but adequate. Smell of stake smoke greeted be even though a non smoking was booked. An old very scratched wooden floor at the entrance- Room was cold and the armchair looked very old and threadbare. The paint was badly peeled on the bathroom door, floor tiles chipped, shower curtain was ripped with holes and the shower was slow!
Left at 5 am and no one was around to complain to:(

• Stayed November 2012
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Jacko071-08,

I am sorry that your experience left you feeling disappointed and wish that we had been able to speak with you about your feedback before you left. Our customers safety and security are always at the forefront of our minds and for added security, our lifts do require a valid room key to access the guest floors.

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the lack of information given to you about this at check in. Please accept my apologies and be assured that I will pass this on to Anil, who I know will address this with his respective Team members.

Here at Regent's Park we have a rolling refurbishment program in place. Over the past 24 months, we have refreshed and refurbished the Restaurant & Bar areas and most recently the Lobby and Hotel entrance. I fully appreciate you feedback about the condition of the room and I will both escalate this accordingly and visit the room with my engineering team to assess the issues that you have described.

I am really disappointed that we were not able to talk to you. The Hotel is manned 24 hours with a member of the management team that are available for any guest issues or complaints. Please feel free to contact either my Hotel Manager Edward, or myself directly at the Hotel and we will be happy to talk with you to see how we can serve you better.

Kindest regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

An extremely convenient location. handy for Tube stations and also within walking distance of the West End and Euston and King's Cross/St Pancras stations.
Check-in was super efficient, we were settled into our room within five minutes of entering the hotel.
Staff were all friendly and helpful.
The room was a little on the small size, but we never expect anything else in central London.
The only complaint we had was with the toilet. On our first morning we thought it was broken, as it wouldn't flush. We reported it and were told maintenance would take a look. When we returned in the afternoon everything worked so we assumed it had been fixed. Unfortunately, though, we had the same problem next day, so we can only suppose that the cistern was filling, but VERY slowly! This was in room 264, so we don't know if it happens throughout the hotel, or we were just unfortunate.
Breakfast was very nice, possibly the best scrambled eggs from a hotel, ever!
We will definitely stay here again Actually planning to return in February.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review TravellingLil,

It is fantastic to hear that you had such a great stay and in particular that you enjoyed such a smooth check in experience. I know that Anil and his Team will be really happy to know that they got your stay off to such a good start.

Thank you for pointing out the toilet flush problem. I have already sent our engineer to look at it after reviewing your comments with my Team today. Please accept my apologies if this caused you any inconvenience.

As you will have probably read in my responses, we are really passionate about breakfast and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it so much. I will be sure to share this feedback directly with the Kitchen Brigade and Stewart the Head Chef.

I am really glad that you found us all so friendly and helpful and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest wishes

Truro, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights very close to the centre of London and the theatres etc. The staff dining room and bar were all excellent the only downside was the size of the room and especially the bathroom with the sink nearly touching the bath . However apart from that a good hotel but would not want to pay the £300 per night that was advertised in reception

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello dave301000,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I was really pleased to hear that the staff were "excellent" and that you found our location to be such a bonus. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Consuelo and her team, whom I know will be happy to have been of service to you.

Our rooms are well appointed and we have received loads of great comments, this said, I will be sure to pass on your comments and thank you for sharing your feedback with other travellers.

Kind regards

Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Outside this is a pleasant enough property, inside the corridors to the rooms feel cramped and the numerous fire doors do ensure that you do locate the fire exits! However it probably no different to many other London hotels of the same class. The staff at check in and check out were excellent. The room itself (not the lowest grade) was small and uninspiring. The internet is expensive and the 'one day internet and movie package' that was advertised in the room was very expensive (nearly 30 pounds). The bar was hopping when I passed it on the way to my room.
The location isn't bad although being near the top of the Euston Road it's not a prime London location. It worked for me as I needed to get to Eurostar the next morning. The hotel web site says that it's 25 meters from Great Portland Street tube station. I missed that routing (as the bird flies?) - it was certainly much more than that - but it is close by.
For me it's useful for a quick business stop in London on a Corporate budget. For a vacation I'd argue it's a little soulless. However, as I say, the staff were excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear PhileasFoggontour,

Thank you for you feedback after staying with us here at Regent's Park. It is great to hear that you had such good things to say about the check-in team and I know that Micheala will be really pleased to hear that.

It was also really nice to read that you found the location central enough. We really are only a stones throw from Great Portland Street Tube and in fact just minutes from all London Tube connections. If you are staying with us again, please feel free to ask one of the Front desk team and we will be happy to help you out with maps and direction for all London destinations.

Over the last few years we've invested heavily in providing our guests with super high speed, secure internet.

Technically, what sets us apart is the amount of bandwidth each hotel enjoys. So, unlike a basic broadband connection, we're able to guarantee excellent speed, not just for a few of our guests, but for hundreds.

In addition we offer 24/7 technical support should you require any assistance. To make all this possible we do need to apply a sensible charge for internet use. We value and appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of internet’.

PhileasFoggontour, thank you once again for sharing your feedback with other travellers and if you require any assistance for a future booking, please feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel.

We hope to see you again soon

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in June 2012 for 7 nights. the room size was reasonable compared with hotels in London. The staff was helpful and the location was great. I wanted to use it again in Oct. 2012 but the price went up by GBP 100. This was unreasonable and I dropped the idea

Room Tip: Check prices before you go. They change from month to another.