“Just Making Up The Numbers” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #438 of 1,075 hotels in London
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Just Making Up The Numbers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I must have stayed here a hundred or more times and I collect the points on IHG hotels. This particular holiday inn is very much like all the others. The decor is late 20th century and recently refurbished in 2011/2012 providing some better facilities than previously (eg large flat screen free view tv) but fundamentally it is a little tired.

One area they have recently tried to improve is the breakfast and its marginally better than it was but for the same Monet you can go o the Riding House Cafe 5-10 mins down Titchfield Street for breakfasts to die for or for £5 eat in one of the many good cafes on Warren Street.

Stay here for the location or the price, but not if you want a luxury/romantic experience - it seems like it full of tourists and conference goers and lacks the atmosphere available in many of the small hotels around Fitzrovia. Better than the Thistle, Premier Inn or Ibis but not as nice as the Radisson Grafton or Melia White House.

Room Tip: Bathrooms are bigger on 3rd floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello RufusStone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and other travellers. As one of our Priority Club members your loyalty feedback are both really important to us.

We do have a rolling refurbishment plan in place here at Regent's Park and as you noted, we have more recently completed refreshing the Lobby and Bar as well as adding new LCD TV's. Our product is really important to us and we have further plans to continue the program into next year.

It is good to hear that you feel that we are better than the other Hotels in the area of the same class. We aim to offer today's business and leisure traveller, dependability, friendly service and modern attractive facilities at excellent value. There are other luxury/Romantic hotels in the area that you describe that are offering a different experience at differing value.

As a regular guest, please feel free to contact me or ask for my Hotel Manager Edward, the next time you are in. We would be happy to listen and understand more about what it is that we can do better for you.

Assuring you of our best intentions

1,244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Greek first
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Four of us ladies stayed here for the week-end recently. Hotel excellent and very convenient to walk down to Oxford street, where you can catch buses to go to other locations. Also very near to the tube station. Four of us ladies just booked bed and breakfast, which was excellent, but one night we had the pre-theatre meal and for just £16 for three courses was fantastic value. This is the fourth time we have stayed at this hotel and because it is so conveniently located won't be the last!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review sammyjnr. I am really thrilled that you and your friends were able to enjoy another great weekend in London!

Being so close to the West End, we have a great deal of travellers staying with us to see shows just as you did. My Chef Stewart and his Team, put together the Pre-Theatre menu to offer our early diners a great choice of freshly prepared food for a great price. I know that he will be happy to know that you all enjoyed it so much.

We are already looking forward to seeing you again!

Warmest wishes

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent two nights at the Holiday Inn for a concert at the O2 - links are great as we came in on the circle line, very short walk to the hotel from Great Portland street, then 10 mins to Baker Street or Bond Street for Jubilee line to the O2. Unfortunately London transport closed a large portion of the tube on Saturday and Sunday, but we still found it easy to re-direct. The hotel rooms were fine, the staff were all very good and breakfast on the Sunday was as full as any place I have been too, all tables full, the staff handled it superbly well. There are several very good restaurants round the corner (one or two blocks) and Oxford / Regent Street are a 10 minute stroll away. Tower of London via the circle line should have been easy!

Room Tip: Quite location but great for shopping or sightseeing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CardiffBob14, thank you for your great feedback!

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had such positive things to say about your breakfast experience. Consuelo and her Team have been working really hard as we know that it is important to get a good start to your day, so thank you for sharing your comments.

Our fantastic location sounds like it was yet again a real bonus for you and it is good to hear that you found this like so many other travellers.

I hope to see you again soon for your next concert weekend!

Best regards

tel aviv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

the hotel eas on sale in Expedia, so i took it.
the location is good - 5 minutes walk to the Regent's Park underground station.
the hotel is very clean and nice but...
there is no king size bed - we asked for one and the told us there there are no such bed in the hotel.
the queen size bed was tiny and not suitable for 2 persons.
we got room that was designed for disabled person, the bath was huge but very cold, the water current was poor.
breakfast is expensive - you should try the Pert redturant near the hotel...

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms that were built for disabled
Dear touristTelAviv,

Thank you for your review and positive remarks about the cleanliness and location. Kelly and her team work really hard to ensure that the Hotel looks it's best at all times, so I know that she and her team will be happy to hear this.

Due to the uniform design of our Hotel, we do not have a huge variation in room sizes and as such all the beds are queen sized. A small proportion of our rooms are basically modified for dual use between able and less able guests. I do appreciate your feedback with regards to you preference and will be sure to escalate your comments.

If you do find yourself visiting again, please feel free to contact me and I will ensure that we update your reservation to reflect your room preference.

We hope to see you again soon.

Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was my first trip to London and it was for business. I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park as it was recommended by my company which has its headquarters based in London. I was somewhat reluctant at first based on some of the reviews I had read. However, at the end of the first day, I was pleasantly surprised. The location was perfect as the hotel is within walking distance of our offices, close to major attractions as well as more then adequate transportation choices.
The hotel is very clean, nicely decorated and the service could not be better. The rooms are a little smallish as some have noted but they are adequate and appropriately equipped. The breakfast was great! The hotel also has a comfortable bar / lounge and facilities for meetings or small conferences. As a business traveler who has stayed at many different hotels in several countries over many years, I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park for business as well as leisure travelers. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback MHirko. I am really pleased that you were able to combine both business and pleasure whilst staying with us here at Regent's Park.

We have already received lots of really great feedback from other travellers this year about our breakfast and customer service, so I am glad that this was the same for you.

We are really proud of our location and as you point out, we are conveniently positioned for all the local tube lines and just within short walking distance of central London.

I am delighted that you had such a great trip and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Team, whom I know will be very happy to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again really soon.

Warm regards

Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for just one night. The location was very convenient, a short walk from the tube, and with a number of small supermarkets and eateries near by.

The reception staff were efficient and welcoming - but I didn't receive any instructions on the use of the lift (need to use your room key to activate it!), or the location of the bar and restaurant. Never mind!

My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, and the shower pressure was rather poor, so more of a gentle spray than anything else.

I ate in the restaurant rather than head out. It felt a bit strange - the decor and lighting just didn't really work for me as it just felt a bit uncomfortable when eating on your own. The food was good - but the side salad I ordered didn't materialise, and when the bill came it had to be corrected twice. However, the staff were charming, and it was sorted quickly.

Breakfast is excellent - a really good choice (cooked or continental), and nice coffee. One of the best I have had in a large hotel.

Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mis88, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after staying with us here at Regent's Park. I am delighted that you had a good stay overall and that in particular you commented so favourably about your Breakfast. Here at Regent's Park, we realise the importance of a great start to the day and as such , we have been working really hard to offer a great selection of freshly prepared food combined with fast and efficient service.

Our customers safety and security are always at the forefront of our minds and for added security, our lifts do require a valid room key to access the guest floors. Thank you for sharing your feedback about the lack of information at check in and the Restaurant Service. Please be assured that I will to pass these on to both Anil and Consuelo, whom I know will address these with their respective Teams.

On a personal note, I am truly delighted that you found the Team so friendly and engaging and if I can offer any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me next time you are staying with us.

Warmest regards

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked this hotel through secret escapes which meant I would only be told the name of hotel following booking- a gamble I know but It did pay off! For the price (£282) for two nights it was the cheapest around at a central location.

Location was fantastic minutes from Portland St station, situated in a nice area, bars, couple of shops and coffee shops close by. Regants Park Station and Baker street also within minutes of the hotel. Oxford St is only 15min away on foot.

Check-in was fantastic. Arrived at 1200 and was aware that room would be available by 1400, however room was available. As we had booked through agent we were informed that we were in a 'standard room' and this can mean that you are given a twin room. Nevertheless, we were fortunate to have a double room (but warned next time it could be a twin)!

Room 606- Next to the lifts, very noisy. Try and avoid!
Room was clean on the whole, few stains on the carpet and bathroom needing re grouting. Bed was comfy and room nice and warm- no traffic noise as we were off the road. Quite small room, but no smaller than most London hotels.

Reception area lovely and lovely helpful staff throughout the hotel. Free newspapers and tea/coffee in reception in the morning- nice touch.

Nice hotel, great staff and good location.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 606
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review Lisa R, I am delighted that your secret break lead you to us here at Regent's Park.

It is great to here so many positive remarks about your stay and I was pleased to read that we were able to get you booked in early so that you could take advantage of our great central location and go exploring around the Capital City. I will be sure to pass on your comments about how helpful the staff were and we are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary hot drinks and papers that we provide in the Lobby at peak times.

We have a range of rooms types including twin rooms that prove to be very popular with larger groups. Our "standard" rooms are both double and twin in offering and we would always aim to provide exactly what is booked and reserved for our guests. It is very likely that your booking agent did not specify the room type but please assured that I will investigate this with my Front office team.

If you do ever find yourself staying with us again in the future, please feel free to contact us prior to arrival if you have any doubts or concerns. We are always happy to help you in any way that we can.

Kindest regards

Simon

Been to Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park? Share your experiences!